Wii Winning The Console War

Wii is winning the console war. walmart.com and gamestop.com are out of stock for the Wii but they do have PS3s for sale.

its nearing a year and a half...give him a break on the typo

briers07 said:
the wii sales will keep going up, i hear some people are still trying to get one. Wii rules!:thumbsup:
You don't know half the hell I went through getting this system! WORTH EVERY SECOND OF THE PHONE CALLS!:yesnod:

dandaninc said:
You don't know half the hell I went through getting this system! WORTH EVERY SECOND OF THE PHONE CALLS!:yesnod:

Apprentely people were having punch-ups where I bought mine. They were skipping queues just to get one etc. Then we just walked in with our pre-order form and walked out smiling. I didn't have hell but so glad I got it.

Wiitendo said:
According to IGN reprts, gamespot news, VG charts, Nintendo of america, and nexgenwars.com. The wii has sold a bit over 5 million units world wide.

they said wii would slow, they said wii would not win. 5 million in four months VS 9.8 million in 2 and a half years VS 1 million in four months.

-Wii are not finsihed yet sony and lesser microsoft.

PREACH IT BROTHER...this is only the beginning and I can't wait to see what happens this fall when the major titles come out dude. Seriously Nintendo has started a revolution and I'm so proud and happy to be a fanboy right now. But I still got love for the 360...can't hate on Halo cuz that sh*t is TIGHT.

I gotta say i predicted the Wii would be a hot seller all along due to the fact that anyone an appreciate its abilities and its low price. I got in many a arguments of PS fanboys that the fact that the PS3 would dump fail.

HA i was right! I need to get into the video game business as a consultant.

I'm really glade nintendo is doing good! I just want to see a game that uses the wii graffics properly! zelda was cool one of the best games I ever played but it was still a game cube port! Same with RED STEEL! controls are great but I want a next gen game! gears of war is great for the xbox 360, I want a game like that for the wii, at least a game that has next gen graffics. PS3 is to cocky and they are over priced. Xbox has the most games! wii is great but could use some more games!

I had to search for weeks to find a points card. I went to every wal-mart, future shop, best buy, and EB in the city and I couldn't find one. till one day I was lucky enough to be standing beside the guy at future shop as he took a fresh load right out of the box. my prayers were answered. I downloaded like mad that night.

I'm glad the Wii is getting off to a good start. I don't know how long it will hold before people realize Nintendo is postponing major titles to boost holiday sales in fall 2007.

placebo139 said:
I'm glad the Wii is getting off to a good start. I don't know how long it will hold before people realize Nintendo is postponing major titles to boost holiday sales in fall 2007.

I think there is enough to keep people happy ... well, consider that they are mostly marketing to the casual gamer. People that perhaps do an hour here and there every few days. Zelda takes about 50 hours of for a good gamer; on that note, it could take a casual gamer a couple months to beat it. Its good enough to keep them happy.

briers07 said:
the wii sales will keep going up, i hear some people are still trying to get one. Wii rules!:thumbsup:
ROCK ON!!!

The wii was a HUGE gamble for ninty. The idea that you can design a console based on sheer fun and playability? Why that's just bullocks lol. Sony has gotten arrogant with their new dvd player that also happens to play games.

The ps2 was awesome I give you that. The graphics were great for their time and still shine every now and again. the controller was just a dual shock but that was okay too since most had gotten used from ps1 to it by that point. (unless you were like me and got the Saturn instead...i still regret it sometimes) The fact that it had a built-in dvd player was really nifty at the time since those were kinda pricey when the ps2 was released, and the xbox was making you pay $50 for their external one. The system did truly revolutionize the industry.

Now we are in a new era of graphics, and technology. The internet has evolved greatly and Sony has made money hand over fist for the past few years. They release the PS3. It's basically the same deal as the xbox1. This mammoth machine with tons of untapped potential, and the promise of amazing things if you nurture it correctly. The issue: Price. MS had the same problem with the original price tag for the x box. granted you were getting this amazing console years ahead of the competition, but still it was over $500 when they released it. S many people were turned off for a long time until word spread the Halo was one of the greatest games ever and the sequel was going to be even greater. That series alone was the reason it survived launch. granted they beat ninty last gen because they had a rather big following due to their amazing online capabilities and interface, as well as a plethora of addicting games. The x box live service did cost a fee (unless you had a modded x box) but for many it was worth it.

Reason I bring this up is because Sony seems to be repeating the same mistake Microsoft did. Releasing their console at too high a price, only a few decent games. (Resistance:Fall of Man is the only one I ever hear about. Please don't flame me citing the other games that are out now, because I'm simply speaking from what I've seen.) They offer blu-ray sure. But the standard isn't mainstream or even common yet. So once again gambling, now on the idea that their new format will over-throw panasonic's hd-dvd. Which has had a head start and as been doing rather well. They've also taken some ideas and gone in certain directions that I like. I loved the backwards compatibility, but mostly the free online play. the fact that i have to buy the high end x box 360 (Although I would since I'd be getting such a better deal) to be able to play online for free, that's still $100 more for something that ninty and sony are offering free without any strings attached.

Sony has great potential just like the xbox did. But remember who won last round? ps2. The cheapest of the 3 consoles, and also the one with the weakest amount of graphics power. Why? mostly because of software, but the price tag made it just that much easier to pick up, and the interface was familiar to most. Now we have to wii. Which has the graphics capabilities of roughly and xbox1 maybe a little more, or less but roughly around that area. Since the technology for the once-revolutionary graphics processor has become much cheaper. Aslo the interface is so simple that non-gamers are getting into it. And that is saying a lot if you can get people like your parents to play.
Developers have shown interest in the wii due to its interesting approach with the console being based mostly on their remote-like controller and their backlog of great games from the past. also the development kit for a wii game is said to be about half the cost of kits for the other systems, and the coding isn't that much different than that for the game cube. So they can potentially create games easier and cheaper on wii. So it works out for the developers too, since they don't have to invest too much capital into their projects and still see profit.
The only flaw I currently see with the wii is that it lacks online support (I mean this in terms of online gaming, not just VC titles) But their previous attempts at online gaming weren't well received. and they want to make sure they don't fail again this time around. So they said they were waiting to release the online gaming abilities when they were ready. Pokemon Battle: Revolution looks great, and from the reviews the only flaw there seems to be is a pause after ever single action when playing with the DS or online. But a little lag wouldn't be too bad. I expect a few people to rant about it but I think most will accept it as part of the game and take it with a grain of salt.

Ninty has gone in a completely new direction with the wii and I think that they might become the new household name. Props to Nintendo for having the balls to take such an extreme change in direction. This generation of gaming is already proving to be a wild ride, and its only begun.

Back