nkbswe5. RLY!
Jun 27, 2006
Not in America
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
I found this at www.dragonbox.ca or soemthing like that:
182295374RL797355695.jpg

Preorder your DVD enabled Wii now?

I am posting this as it is the first time I have seen it, and...stuff. Anyone found one for english places?

Also, when I searched for already posted it said:

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search : Wii, with, DVD

Wii and DVD are kinda the main words, so I don't see this working well...

lol strongly doubt it, a simple update should do the job.

Last edited:
Can an update really add DVD playability? I thought it would have to have special stuff added inside the console, like a brick or something.

Also, when I searched for already posted it said:

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search : Wii, with, DVD

Wii and DVD are kinda the main words, so I don't see this working well...

This is how paranoid the search police are making people :crazy:

I say screw search if you find something interesting then post away :D

The games are on a DVD, software needed to play DVDs is all we need, but buy yourself a dvd player if you want to watch DVDs

or get a ps2 :)

(sorry but a ps2 is good for dvds :) )

Last edited:
i was always curious to know why the wii never decided to go "dvd capable" but youre right....dvd players are as low as 30$ you can just buy one at this point if you dont have one already.

it just makes it convienent i guess if it was "all in one" like PS2/PS3 is, it can eliminate some of the clutter in home theater set ups. thats the only reason id consider having a wii that played dvds for.....then again, i too have a ps2 :)

Contrary to what people seem to believe on this forum. The wii's read/write heads are physically not capable of reading a DVD movie.

And wasn't this already confirmed that Sonic will have the DVD software on the DVD movie capable wii when and if it comes out.

Even when Nintendo had that quote about it not coming out anytime soon, they were talking about a completely new wii.

vagrant said:
Contrary to what people seem to believe on this forum. The wii's read/write heads are physically not capable of reading a DVD movie.

And wasn't this already confirmed that Sonic will have the DVD software on the DVD movie capable wii when and if it comes out.

Even when Nintendo had that quote about it not coming out anytime soon, they were talking about a completely new wii.

And I was under the assumption this has never been truth either. I have yet to see a link to nintendo saying this.
Maybe its just me.

I'll be royally pissed if I have to buy another Wii.
Maybe a download with codecs is in the future.
Possibly a seperate dvd drive?

i think it would be more like a photoshop thing

then again i dont no most likely it would be a waste of money for nintendo

Can an update really add DVD playability? I thought it would have to have special stuff added inside the console, like a brick or something.
The tech nerds have been saying that it can't be done with a firmware update, so the current Wii's will not be able to play DVD's - which is why the DVD capable units will be more expensive. Don't quote ME on this, but it's what I've read and heard from people who really know their tech stuff.

I don't think Nintendo will make us buy another Wii to play certain games, that's just stupid.
And it's not photoshoped, I have a link there...
And I have a DVD player, I just psoted cause it's EXCITING! Oh yeah!

Back