Wii with DVD player, Summer 2007?

yeahh i read that it was true(somewhere....) yeahh i hope that older wii people can juss get a firmware update to get to play DVDs.... mann

Firmware update is out of the question. If people absolutely HAVE to have DvD playback on their wii, they have to buy a new one. Besides, in this day and age, who dosent already have a Dvd player?

It will be possible for a launch Wii to play dvd movies, Some people are saying the read/write heads wont be able to do it. The truth is they will be able to do it they are just locked against doing it now. If you guys are willing to do some reading look into some of the wii hacks sites you can find them through google.

Last edited:
DVD playback model will be released in Japan only.

And no, a firmware update will not make your Wii DVD compatible.

This was discussed ages ago when it was news.

lol if nintendo releasd a dvd wii for the whole world, they would lose money. no1 wud buy just for a dvd player...hopefully it will be a software update.

stozy said:
or get a ps2 :)

(sorry but a ps2 is good for dvds :) )

A lot of people make that mistake. I used to be a manager at a GameStop, and people were always bringing PS2's and XBOX's in that stopped working.

We would always ask how much they watched movies on the systems. 99.9% said they watched movies all the time. Somehow, I don't think that was a coincidence.

Use the consoles for playing games, and buy a DVD player to watch movies.

At least that's how I feel.

Back