Wii with no TV

MJ00

WiiChat Member
Nov 2, 2006
I was just wondering if you do not have a TV is it possible to use the wii through your Laptop/pc monitor, and if you need to buy any extra cables to be able to do that?

well you could do that if you had a tv tuner or graphic card in your laptop with "video in" that way you could use the Composite video cable or a S-video cable and link that to the "video in" port.

You could use a VGA cable
one will come out eventuly theres one out for allmost every console

Thanks.
Do you need a certain minimum spec of graphics card?
Would 128mb shared graphics be enough?

VGA cable just goes into the pc moniter
no fuss and the sound gos throw the spaekers

you should probly just turn emo for not having a tv or you could just go buy a 20 inch $90 tv at walmart thats how much my flat screen Symphonic was
(not as in totaly flat the screen isn't round on the front its flat so that it doesn't reflect light and block your view)

heres my tv it works great! and its way cheaper then when i got it at walmart!

5982.jpg

http://www.electronicexpress.com/product?prod_id=5982&refer=6

MJ00 said:
Thanks.
Do you need a certain minimum spec of graphics card?
Would 128mb shared graphics be enough?

Ya that should be plenty ive connected a vcr and camcorder to my pc on a 64mb graphic card with "video in" so i suppose you can also do similar with the wii

My laptops got a AverMedia AverTV Hypbrid+FM Cardbus. Its pretty good, i play my Gamecube whenever i feel like i want to record something, or if u want, u can quickly change from online FAQs/Walkthroughs to your game. the only problem with it is that its been playing up on my laptop recently, my laptop just isnt recognising it. But i think its my actual laptops Card slot as the Aver TV works on other laptops. So yeah, its not as good as TV's, its a bit weird as in everythings a tad bit blurry, but thats pretty much the only downside.

I believe what many people are recommending, connecting Wii via a PC video capture card is not a good idea because there is said to be a noticeable delay when you are playing. Yes, for watching TV using a capture card is OK because you don't need instant feedback or anything; you just watch the show.

A better idea would be to hook Wii up to your monitor directly. However this is only possible if your monitor has composite, s-video, or component ports on it. If your monitor does have one of these ports (s-video and especially component being the best), just buy a Wii s-video, or component cable and you will be set.

I can't believe that so many people are shocked that some people live without TV I maybe watch a hour or less a day.

Back