Wii won't connect to Linksys router. need help!!

Batman7840

WiiChat Member
Jan 15, 2010
PA
Hi everyone. This may sound like a stupid Question. I have a Linksys Router WRT54GC. I have my Nintendo wii connected to it. I can download and play online games with now problems. Here it the Question. I have a second Wii in a different room. (closer to the router then the other one) So I know it's now a distance issue. I have been try to get my second wii to connect to the router. i have been searching for answers for days but i can't find anything and accually have been doing all the steps ppl have been telling me. I am just looking for ideas if anybody had this problem Can you connect two wii's to the same router. Seperate MAC numbers are installed to router. And not only that. Maybe i am using the wrong password. any way to find out what the password it. Or the same as when you access the router.. Please help if you have ideas...thanks

Yes you can.... you need to have seperate endings on IP.... like if the first wii is on 2, change the other to 3 or 4

no go didn't work...I keep getting the error message from nintendo 52130.... all firewall is shut off that i know of....WTF nintedo.

have yo tried looking the error up on google or nintendo?

i cant explain to well but ill try. your acess point might be at its limit of connected whatever labtops wii's ect.ect.. so you might have to disconnect somthing via wireless

Check to make sure your WEP/WAP key is correct by creating a second connection on the working wii and use what you have to see if it works.

if ur going wireless it should pick it up but if ur using a landline well that one is different u might to try different ip . me im using the same one as u im catching it off of some one. u might need ur wii closer to the router

Back