Wii wont "hook" to Internet

Makrhon

WiiChat Member
Oct 25, 2007
Hi guys --- Purchased new Wii --tried to hook to internet but keep getting error message "error 51300 or 51330"

Have input WEP key and followed all the instructions but no go-spoke to Nintendo help they stumped also.

The router is a Belkin
54G.

help please

Try turning your WEP "off" and see if you can connect that way as a check. Re connecting with security, go WPA as it's much easier entering a pass phase. I've seen 3 different Wii's setup with WPA and in every case, it was VERY easy.

I think the phrase your looking for is "hook up" not "hook" lol

Wii Error Code 51300 - 51399

The Wii console is not able to connect to the access point.

1. Try adjusting the "Channel" your wireless router broadcasts on. We highly recommend setting your wireless router to either channel 1 or 11. This can potentially increase the download speed. For information on accessing your router's settings, click here to select the brand name and model number of your router (if available).

2. Check Nintendo's router info for special notes, if available, for your router.
1. Click here to go to the Wireless Router lookup page.
2. Use the drop-down box to select, if available, your router manufacturer.
3. Click on your router's model number, if available.
4. Read any "special notes" at the top of the router's page. Many issues can be solved by changing settings described in the "special notes."

3. Are you using WEP or WPA security on your router?
1. Log into the router using the default IP (consult your router's manual for assistance)
2. If you are using 64-bit encryption, the WEP Key must be a 10-character key consisting of numbers or letters A through F.
3. If you are using 128-bit encryption, the WEP Key must be a 26-character key consisting of numbers or letters A through F.
4. The WEP Key must be a Hexadecimal (0-9, A-F, no other special characters or letters).
5. If you are using WPA, the Wii console is compatible with the following types:
* WPA - PSK (TKIP)
* WPA - PSK (AES)
* WPA2 - PSK (AES)

4. Check to see if your router is using MAC filtering.
1. Log into the router using the default IP.
2. Find the section for MAC Filtering (typically under "Security").
3. If MAC Filtering is on ("enabled"), enter the Wii console's MAC address to the list of approved MAC address. For info on locating the Wii console's MAC address. (For assistance with locating the MAC Filtering section of your router’s setup tool, please consult the router’s manual or contact the manufacturer.)

I have a belkin also and I had trouble getting it to work also with wep. I had to switch from g only to b + g to get it to work, or else I was b + g and I had to switch it to b only. I cannot remember for sure right now but it was one of those.

Tried to hook-up without the WEP key and still didnt--MAC filtering is off --channel is set to "11"
When I look at the log on the router the ping from Wii has DoS firewall mentioned --I thought my McAfee protection was the issue so turned that off --still no connection ---

any other suggestions?

Router is a Belkin with built in USB print server

Sup, I have a Belkin 54g and had some trouble setting mine up too.
If you know your IP, type that into you web browse, if not, go to www.nintendo.com then go to the wii section, tech help, connecting to the internet (getting online), pick a language, router information and then find your router and it will take you to your IP page. When you are on your IP page click channel and ssid on the left then click submit when the page changes. Now from here you should have:
Wireless Channel: 11 or 1
Wireless Mode: g & b
Broadcast SSID: TICK
Protected MODE: OFF
Other thing: OFF

Once I did this and reset my router it worked, however, when I turned either my router or modem off it stopped working, moral of the story, router must be kept on along with modem if you don't want to have to keep resetting the channel.

Any more help needed?

oh, that was another thing I did, I had to broadcast my SSID, so either changing my speed (b or g) or turning on broadcasting fixed it. I never went back to figure out which it really was.

Back