Wii won't turn on, front light is orange

Overspeed

WiiChat Member
Jan 30, 2008
Hello,

Have had the Wii for several months now with no problem. Usually when not in use the front light is either green (left it running) or yellow (powered down). Today I wen't to the Wii and noticed that the light was a dark orange. I pressed Power and the light turned off, no response from the unit. Pressing Power again did nothing. If I pull the power plug and put back in the dark orange light will come back and will go out again if I press Power of Eject. Some postings suggest the orange light to be related to WiiConnect24, but the unit should still work right? I hope it's not busted. I bought this from Walmart and would have no idea how to get it warranty fixed. Please any thoughts are appriciated.

Overspeed

Update: When I look closer it seems the light is actually red, no orange.

Last edited:
About the warrenty if it is busted all you have to do is call Nintendo is it is less then 1 year old its a free fix from nintendo.Did you try just to unplug everything and let it sit for a bit.But im not sure I hope someone can help.:scared:

happens to me quite a bit. Just unplug and sit for a couple seconds. Plug it back in and its good to go.

Hey wii maniac.. Why do you have 3 wiimotes and 4 nunchucks...LOL

Last edited:
I would suggest holding the power button on the Wii Remote itself to turn it on, or unplug your Wii Console's power cable and audio/video cable for 90 seconds. Then plug power in first, then AV cable. I'll do some online searches to see if I can find out more.

Last edited:
Indeed, this was the case with me, first few times I used my Wii it's standby was red, it should still work by using the Wiimote power button.

I ordered it off of dell and it went through funny and I clicked on the nunchuck again and I bought another one:lol:

Update us if it works again.

Back