Wii working with everything within the same region?

stiwel

WiiChat Member
Dec 11, 2006
Hi,

Hope that I don't mess up the forum by posting this thread. [It's my first thread - "I'm new here" ;-)]

I consider buying a Wii from abroad, though within my region. Will this cause any concern when it comes to language and so fort, or put any certain premisses for future ordering of games etc.? I live in Norway, and have offers from i.e. Netherlands, Germany and UK.

Hope to pick up some help here real fast (auctions are ending, xmas approaching). If you have any sources to rely on, please post URL. Thanks a lot!

Sti

Contributions...

... would be nice. Thank you.

I've often wondered that myself, about the different languages. Region-locking wise you're fine. Europe is all the ssame region, if they're using the same DVD specs.

OK

Thanks. Then there is just one step left :) Seems hard to find through google.

I've got my UK wii and I'm off to Holland next week, I know I can get hardware, I want a new nunchuck and I presume games will be fine because they are all the same region and they are PAL. I bought my old N64 in Holland and it worked fine in the UK with UK games, I just needed an adaptor to turn the 2 round prongs into a 3 prong plug.

Moving on

OK. We're moving on. Getting closer to the truth :)

Please reply when you have tried it in Holland.

I really want to know if the language-bit might cause a problem or two (buying a nes in another country, with foreign language).

More spesific

I can be more spesific:

Does anyone know if a Wii bought in abroad, though in your region with the standard format (i.e. Europe and PAL), will speak the language you prefer (i.e. an italian wii to be used in Norway)?

That would require the game to be translated to that language and be on the disc. In North America there are fewer official languages so usually games will just be in English, occasionally you can pick from a few languages. To answer your question (i think), unless the game you pick up is specifically translated/localized for the language you wish to purchase it in, the game will play but not the right language. For instance, I can't switch my Wii to Spanish and then load in Zelda and play it in spanish. Just my Wii menu's etc. I assume it would be an option within the game itself, and a question you'd need answered on a game-by-game basis.

Back