Wii worth alone for Super Mario Galaxy?

phillepino said:
SSBB.. is worth getting the wii for.

SMG is not all that great IMO

Hell yes!

But there are also so many good games coming out.
The already mentioned plus NFS Pro Street and much others!:yikes:
I just want Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen EX2!!! Or atleast and american version that is really shippuuden and not that sucky $h!t as Clash of Ninja Revolution! :lol:

It's definately worth getting the Wii for Galaxy. I don't think Brawl is going to be as impressive as Galaxy at all.

I'm sure the gameplay will be good but I very much doubt that Brawl will be as creative.

Galaxy almost brought a tear to my eye when I first played it...

Yes Mario Galaxy will be worth it alone if you like platforming games. In the same way that Mario 64 was worth owning a N64 if you liked that type of game.
Other great games include-
*Battalion Wars 2: mix of military strategy & third person shooter, online multiplayer both co-op & duels
*Zelda TP: good if you hate short games
*Metroid Prime 3: good if you like sci-fi first person shooters, no multiplayer
*Wii Sports: free but a classic
*Medal of Honor 2: will be Wii's first good online fps, up to 32 people per game, 1 player story mode & arcade (on rails)
*Mario Kart Wii: comes out first quarter 2008, 12 player races online I believe, good fun

Also, please don't assume that it should be easy to get a Wii, because they still leave the shelves as quickly as they come in and you'll just end up getting frustrated. A casual stroll into Bestbuy on a weekday will most likely not get you one, in many cases you need to ask employees when they get new stock (also depends on where you live).

i would say so, that game looks really awesomely good.....

other games: mario kart, future mario sport games (strikers kick ass, you might want to pick that up), animal crossing wii, no more heroes, moh: h 2 lot's of nintendo's franchises that are bound to pop up on the wii(star fox, f-zero),

I would rather try Galaxy first then I would buy it...XD
And brawl is being so overrated that the question is..Would it be Cool enough?

mushroomedmario said:
i would say so, that game looks really awesomely good.....

other games: mario kart, future mario sport games (strikers kick ass, you might want to pick that up), animal crossing wii, no more heroes, moh: h 2 lot's of nintendo's franchises that are bound to pop up on the wii(star fox, f-zero),

Wait Animal Crossing Wii has been confirmed!!!!?????!!!???

That is worth it alone!

Just a slight update, I just went out and purchased mine :D

Last edited:
Yes its worth it, but your going to want to have more games later.
You won't want to keep playing Galaxy over and over again despite how good it will be :lol:

Mario Kart Wii , Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles, and Wii Fit are some of the other games I am looking forward to.

It all depends on if you think spending $300-$350 for one game is worth it...

I personally don't think it is, but it's your call.

Chris23 said:
Hey guys, Ive been on the fence for a while now about getting a Wii, I dont play alot of games and my brother has a x360. Would you guys say that a Wii is worth picking up for Super Mario Galaxy alone, I know it hasnt been released yet not until the 12th. But just based on all the high appraisal it has received I think it wont disappoint.

Also What other games are coming out on the Wii that are going to make this system worth it, minus SSBM thats a given.

Thank you everyone :wink:

get it for the different kind of gameplay that you get

yes, and also, mp3, tp and other new franchises like day of crisis

i remember super smash brawl on 64. while it was good, it wasn't amazing. so i'm wondering why everyone so into it now. has it really gotten so much better?

Back