Wii Zapper Calibration

Kentathon

WiiChat Member
Aug 4, 2009
I've been trying to play Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles to see how well the rail shooters work on the Wii. However the Zapper is way off where I am actually aiming. If I aim like you would a gun, when I am pointing in the middle of the screen it is aiming way off to the left and quite a bit higher.

I have fiddled around with the sensor bar, tried both the top and bottom of the TV, as well as changed my distance from the TV. Nothing works. Something simple like an option to have you aim at a certain dot on the screen and hit B or when you are would be perfect.

I have heard House of the Dead has a calibration option, would that carry over to other games? I have also heard the Wii Motion Plus can calibrate, but will that work with the zapper?

Have you tried re-connecting your wiimote?
I have this game and have had no issues with it.
You cant use motion plus with this game, it wouldnt fit in the zapper and its not compatible.

Yeah I am gonna just have to deal with it. The problem is that aiming at the center of the sensor bar = the center of the tv, so when you are sitting casually with the mote at that level it is fine. With the zepper I try to hold it at head level, like you would a gun, and that means in game I am aiming way above.

Back