Wii Zapper

Offhand I recall that both RE UC and MOHH2 will be compatible. Pretty much everything known came from E3, so search youtube for wii zapper and watch that segment.

paintba||er said:
I think it is stupid since it is just a useless piece of plastic that Nintendo is going to cash in on. It doesn't really add anything to the game.

It also depends on what "Zapper support" means. I'm starting to think there's a good chance that games with ZS will have in-game calibration to bring light gun style wiimote/reticle lineup without requiring you to mod a sensor bar and do trig.

Since the mote and chuck will be hard-tethered, it will also have different motion controls. They might detract from the experience, or they might not. It'd be nice if the trigger were a real button, instead of a middle-man, but we'll see what happens.

People thought the Wii was going to be useless (compared to the PS360) once upon a time. Maybe you should wait until you see what the zapper actually brings to the table before you pretend like you know.

How am I pretending anything? They showed what it is. It is just a piece of plastic that holds the Wiimote and Nunchuck together. It is just like those plastic tennis things that people in Japan buy. There may be calibration in the games (wouldn't add much, because it would never be accurate enough to be useable without a cursor) but that doesn't have anything to do with the zapper. I'm just hoping that these games have the option to play without the zapper. (I'm assuming they will) I will be pissed if I have to waste my money on something like that. As far as I can see it won't bring anything "to the table" besides another useless novelty.

Damascus said:
isn't the trigger the B button?

As I recall, there's a button on the zapper that physically presses the B button. Offhand, I'd prefer there be a real button--that the zapper be an actual peripheral rather than a wrapper--and believe that it would respond better, but I'll wait and see how it does.

PB said:
How am I pretending anything? They showed what it is. It is just a piece of plastic that holds the Wiimote and Nunchuck together.

The 9000 blasters that have been crafted 3rd party are just pieces of plastic. The Zapper appears to also be a concerted effort to affect the design of controls for shooters--via "Zapper support". Pretending might be the wrong word. You just assume too much. Sometimes things are more than they appear.

The only thing I worry about is the aiming with it - For example, when I play RE4 I just hold the wii mote around waist level (or slightly higher) and feel like whereever I point that is what I am aiming at - but if I bring it up to eye level and look to see what I am really aiming at, I now see that the pointer is slightly off (I just don't notice this when I don't have it at eye level - it really feels that it is pointing exactly where I aim it). So if you are supposed to hold the zapper like a real gun then this would throw things off - if you just hold it lower (and don't try and really aim with it) then it might be cool. Hope that makes some sense!

hmm i was a little disappointed with how the zapper looks - i think the original one looks better http://flateric78.free.fr/blog/images_blog/consoles/nintendo_wii/wii_gun.jpg

the zapper just doesn't really look like a gun, and i'll be disappointed with any game, no matter how good it turns out to be, if the B-button is used to fire, rather than Z...i think i had more things to say but i can't remember at the moment

Personally i think the Wii Zapper is a great adition due to the fact that all third party atachments have ben very bellow par and the fact that they are not purposefully made for games.
Whereas the Wii Zapper is purposefully made for several games and i think the desgin is great.

Wiinter said:
It looks like a submachine gun, actually. The E306 zapper looker more like a phaser than a handgun.
ok i guess i was being a bit picky with how it looks, i probably wouldn't be happy until somebody brought out a completely new controller that was shaped like a real gun, being solely for the use of FPS's...i know it'd cost more but i'd certainly buy it!

do u agree about the fire button though? that it should be Z?

3rd party attempts at a gun holder type thing have been pretty poor, although i did like the look of the handgun type one (http://technabob.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/wii_lightgun.jpg)

Back