wii zapper !

you wouldn't happen to know when it comes out in the us because if im not mistaken doesn't MOHH 2 come out on the 6th of nov and then Resident evil comes out the following week on the 13th but i haven't seen any thing about when the Zapper was coming out yet.

The zapper games kept getting delayed till after the Zapper release/

America: November 17th (I think)

UK: December 7th

KrisKhaos said:
I've read it's to be released in the States November 19th

I Stand Corrected:yesnod:

Cpt.McCloud said:
I Stand Corrected:yesnod:
Sorry bro :lol:,

Ever since I discovered Wii Play's shooting gallery allows for duel Wii Remote action on single player I've been all over this topic like bee's to honey. I've even went as far as ordering a pair of Brando Light Gun cradles and in the process of modding them. (The trigger has way too much play, and the objective is to convert them to a hair trigger without the forfeit of the trigger-like motion.)

As soon as I have time and can remember, I will make the drive to this specific hardware store known to carry a large array of compression springs, and complete this project. Those who are interested, I will try to take some pictures of the process and post them.

On another forum I am the defender of the zapper:lol:

People are not all towards the idea complaining that it is an eye sore and doesnt improve game experience and it lowers accuracy.

I am the one who is there to fight for the zappers cause, and it looks like it is growing in popularity due to several top sites (IGN etc.) beginning to speak of the zapper improvement, of cause earlier reviews were quite bad but they are improving and showing more promise now.

I believe UC will be released around the 7th of december mark, I will have to check on that.

Cpt.McCloud said:
On another forum I am the defender of the zapper:lol:

People are not all towards the idea complaining that it is an eye sore and doesnt improve game experience and it lowers accuracy.

I am the one who is there to fight for the zappers cause, and it looks like it is growing in popularity due to several top sites (IGN etc.) beginning to speak of the zapper improvement, of cause earlier reviews were quite bad but they are improving and showing more promise now.

I believe UC will be released around the 7th of december mark, I will have to check on that.
The biggest complaint about the Zapper reviews is the trigger latency, however I am assuming that the Wii Zapper uses a spring loaded activator arm to convert a button into trigger-like movement (like the Brando cradle), therefore with a little ingenuity it's really a fairly easy fix.

The only other creditable response is the design, as switching from game to game should be a simple process, one that doesn't require "cable stuffing" first. Those who don't wish to deal with it have options such as 3rd party cradles. Personally what can you expect for $20 plus a game? Most the other gun cradle packages are already close to the Zapper's cost or more, and they don't come packed with a game.

Personally I think the Zapper encapsulates the sleek Wii design and has built a working gun simulation device that appears less like an offensive gun, so no eye sore orange was required.

KrisKhaos said:
The biggest complaint about the Zapper reviews is the trigger latency, however I am assuming that the Wii Zapper uses a spring loaded activator arm to convert a button into trigger-like movement (like the Brando cradle), therefore with a little ingenuity it's really a fairly easy fix.

The only other creditable response is the design, as switching from game to game should be a simple process, one that doesn't require "cable stuffing" first. Those who don't wish to deal with it have options such as 3rd party cradles. Personally what can you expect for $20 plus a game? Most the other gun cradle packages are already close to the Zapper's cost or more, and they don't come packed with a game.

Personally I think the Zapper encapsulates the sleek Wii design and has built a working gun simulation device that appears less like an offensive gun, so no eye sore orange was required.

Too True, the cradle design is really well worked in my opinion, it is a smooth and sleek peripheral to go with the image the wii has created for itself.

An interesting piece of news is that Europe will pay double for the zapper so no surprise there.

Back