Wii/Zelda rant.. no spoilers whatsoever.

CoryChevalier said:
relax lol....no need to yell.....

lol, well im so sick of people bloody moaning about wiis graphics, if u dont like it buy summat else and stfu:rolleyes:

boo hoo wii doesnt have as good graphics as 360 or ps3.....:mad2:

CUS THEY DIDNT MAKE IT WITH ****EN MIND BLOWIN GRAPHICS WHICH EVERYBODY HAS KNOWN FOR AGES SO DONT COMPARE THEM!!!!!!:incazzato:

JIBJAB>....hmmm wii doesnt have as good graphics and im a graphic whore, also control format looks dodgy as i like to just caveman mash buttons.....hmmmm.....I KNOW! ill buy a nintendo wii and then when it proves to be everything i knew it was ill ***** about it on a wii forum to everyone who owns one and loves it!:tard:

i guess it is personal opinion but

i think the wii remote/nunchuck for zelda is great because you can sit in the chair with each arm at your side on the chair arms instead of sitting hunched over a controller with your hands together on it. it's way more comfortable, and after you get used to it, the controls are amazing, especially for aiming.

i can't see why people ever complain about the wii controller, for me it has been flawless and solid, not gimmicky at all

you just need to give it a chance, then you can see how revolutionary it is

just relax with it, don't swing the sword like a monkey, just little flicks of the wrist while you lounge back in your chair, you don't even need to lift your arm up for aiming, just angle it towards the tv

Did anyone notice that there is a difference between the early builds of Zelda and the retail one? Most notably, there was a one eyed spider monster chasing Link in the forest. In the retail version, that monster does not even exist! It looks like Nintendo cut major stuff out the game.

yuzi87 said:
lol, well im so sick of people bloody moaning about wiis graphics, if u dont like it buy summat else and stfu:rolleyes:

boo hoo wii doesnt have as good graphics as 360 or ps3.....:mad2:

CUS THEY DIDNT MAKE IT WITH ****EN MIND BLOWIN GRAPHICS WHICH EVERYBODY HAS KNOWN FOR AGES SO DONT COMPARE THEM!!!!!!:incazzato:

JIBJAB>....hmmm wii doesnt have as good graphics and im a graphic whore, also control format looks dodgy as i like to just caveman mash buttons.....hmmmm.....I KNOW! ill buy a nintendo wii and then when it proves to be everything i knew it was ill ***** about it on a wii forum to everyone who owns one and loves it!:tard:

yeah i'm an idiot who likes to caveman bash buttons, all you do with the wiimote in zelda is senseless swinging, there's no rhyme or reason to it anymore than button mashing.. its not like link mimicks your movements. the reason i'd rather hit the button is because it reacts more acurately than the wiimote, you push the button, something happens instantly, every single time.. with the wiimote, you swing, but sometimes link doesn't swing, thats gets annoying real fast.

jibjab said:
yeah i'm an idiot who likes to caveman bash buttons, all you do with the wiimote in zelda is senseless swinging, there's no rhyme or reason to it anymore than button mashing.. its not like link mimicks your movements. the reason i'd rather hit the button is because it reacts more acurately than the wiimote, you push the button, something happens instantly, every single time.. with the wiimote, you swing, but sometimes link doesn't swing, thats gets annoying real fast.

actually if you get into a rhythm with your swinging he will swing his sword back and forth, it's sophisticated

Last edited:
fiveryanfrenzy said:
i guess it is personal opinion but

i think the wii remote/nunchuck for zelda is great because you can sit in the chair with each arm at your side on the chair arms instead of sitting hunched over a controller with your hands together on it. it's way more comfortable, and after you get used to it, the controls are amazing, especially for aiming.

i can't see why people ever complain about the wii controller, for me it has been flawless and solid, not gimmicky at all

like i said in my first post, i think splitting the controller in two is genius. if sony or microsoft is smart they will come out with a split controller. its a shame they didn't make the nunchuck wireless..

nintendo should have given people the option to play zelda without having to swing the wiimote, custom controls for those who'd rather press A, and difficulty settings.. first timers can put it on easy, veterans can up the difficulty, plus it gives the game replay value like metroid prime.. finish it on easy or medium? try again on hard.

jibjab said:

if u stab it forward he stabs it forward if u slash he slashes if u shake the nunchuk he does sword spin, u can aim for shooting arrows use wii-mote as a fishing rod......obviously a big button with mash me written on it can do all that

fiveryanfrenzy said:
actually if you get into a rhythm with your swinging he will swing his sword back and forth

not only does it not pick up what direction you're swinging, up, down, left right.. it doesn't register the size of your slash, the speed of it, etc.. it doesn't even come close to mimicking your movements.. not even by a long shot. pure gimmick. you guys are delusional..

jibjab said:
not only does it not pick up what direction you're swinging, up, down, left right.. it doesn't register the size of your slash, the speed of it, etc.. it doesn't even come close to mimicking your movements.. not even by a long shot. pure gimmick. you guys are delusional..

jesus u expect a lot dont you, we didnt jump from horse and cart to cars in a generation, we didnt jump from portable b+w 10x10 resolution tvs to giant 153" super high definition tvs in a generation...

so what makes u think u are gonna jump from a normal controller to some super motion sensing controller thats only in its first couple of months of development in games , give it time it will only get better

and also the comments u make are trying to force your oppinion on people yes your right we must all be delusional all over a million of us except for you because luckily you wasnt brainwashed enough to buy one....OH RIGHT SORRY U DID LOSER

Last edited:
Just because you personal don't like it doesn't mean that Nintendo should have it another way to...."I don't like the color on the Zelda box, why didn't they make one availible in BLUE too!!!"....that's pretty much how you're sounding. They didn't make it availible...

and as I already said, no Zelda isn't the best game for illustrating the Wii abilities since it is a GC port...stop arguing the case for one game and give it some time for developers to make games just for the Wii...Wii sports is pretty damn good and that is just a collection of mini sports games...can't wait till I buy a full game a golf now!

I pretty much would say i agree with most people here. I totally apperciate your opinion on how you think the system/controller work, but that doesnt mean you need to force feed us till we agree. You should think of it this way as well. the whole swinging of the controller was an added bonus(or defect in your opinion). It wasn't orginally going to be in the game at all and they added it in the last seconds. I think alot of Zelda lovers really enjoy this aspect of the game because now you can "play" Link a little more than usual. Also like others say you can't really expect right out the gate for the Wii and its remote to be the most perfect utensil since the butter knife. i mean even PS2 had problems in the beginning, many 1st generation systems had problems with the DVD player conking out. And yes i read your argument on how you beleive it stupid for people to play DVDs on their PS2 but you have to remember that was on of the biggest selling features of the PS2. Many people ended up buying it instead of a DVD player since it did both. Zelda along with the other launch titles are all a test. "lets see what we can do and then lets make it better." Its all possible since the technology is right there in the remote.

And as far as graphics go yeah sure its no bohemouth and could have been ok with a little more but hey what can you do really. It was Nintendos choice and every one knew ahead of time. I wouldn't be surprised if because of it many people were turned off, but that again is their opinion and i can appreciate that. The Wii wasn't really designed to snatch up those hardcore gamers with thier giant HDTVs, they made it so people like my 49 year old sportsman(hunter/fisher) dad can get into it.

Also calling it a $250 dollar gamecube with a new controller is a bit silly i think. i mean its a whole different system, with channels, e-mail, and the ability to download and save games right on it. Miis are a whole new feature and i dont know if the PS3 or XBOX 360 offers anything comprable to that. You just make it sound like you totally regret getting the thing and refuse to find any good, which makes this puppy sad
bot_promo_15.jpg

In closing Wii all love you and, i will buy you Wii when you are done!

Read Here ->Funfact(Read: Spoiler): Midna is the Twilight Princess<- for fun.

I think this threads 2 pages too long, jibjab has got to push his opnion on us and we got to tell him off. Cant we just let this go? (and shouldnt this be in the TP forum anyway?)

Last edited:
I agree Mmy...sorry lol but when someone responds in a hostile way to something I say I get carried away sometimes....and yeah it got a bit too much focused about TP for this forum...

Back