Wiichat going downhill?

captainff said:
Before THAT game was released the site was slowing down anyway, after the initial excitement of release day........ at least it is something Nintendo to talk about on a site based around a Nintendo platform......... unlike some members who seem to think this is a Sony Fanboy site.

Just a thought...... why don't the admin team appoint a Pokemon Mod (if they haven't already)? They would be able to restrict the impact of the game on the rest of the forum. There are at least 3 unofficial ones operating at the moment to try to keep unwanted threads to a minimum who would be perfect for this!
Agreed. Not someone whos on the forums all the time but not the Poke-forums, someone who is basically based in between the 'Poke-noobs,' sure it can't be too hard finding someone responsible and active enough between the lot of 'em.

I don't think it is entirely pokemon. Honestly, I've felt as if the Pokemon threads are slowly dying away and by the end of the month, we will hardly see any threads about pokemon diamond and pearl (Battle Revolution may be a different story) I personally think that the reason wiichat is going down hill is due to all of these threads started everyday such as: "How famous is the user above you?", "Name your wiichat buddies." or bassically anything with "How ___ is the user above you?"

Who the hell cares? I completely don't understand why people most continually get their self esteem boosted on here. It's really frustrating because for some reason everyone most take part and when the top ten most recently subscribed threads consist of half of those self esteem boosters and half pokemon, how can anyone call this a wii forum?

P.S. There's also never a fricken mod on here.

nic7 said:
I don't think it is entirely pokemon. Honestly, I've felt as if the Pokemon threads are slowly dying away and by the end of the month, we will hardly see any threads about pokemon diamond and pearl (Battle Revolution may be a different story) I personally think that the reason wiichat is going down hill is due to all of these threads started everyday such as: "How famous is the user above you?", "Name your wiichat buddies." or bassically anything with "How ___ is the user above you?"

Who the hell cares? I completely don't understand why people most continually get their self esteem boosted on here. It's really frustrating because for some reason everyone most take part and when the top ten most recently subscribed threads consist of half of those self esteem boosters and half pokemon, how can anyone call this a wii forum?

My threads in there:cryin:

It was in the lounge, where you can post almost anything, it was just a bit of fun, so how can you blame threads like that for wiichat going down hill? people post in them.

Yes there are MOD's on, some are never on like two of the super MOD's but there are MOD's are are on quite a lot like jilly Mr.Stouph or mitch?

nic7 said:

Adding onto the self esteem - the rep system. People get too happy over getting bars of rep or whatever. Fair play, when it was first introduced, I was all up for it, giving people a bit of appreciation when they make posts worthy of it, but it just got abused from the start. I've even got some reps saying 'rep back.' Never used to be like this back in the day, people just got on with it.

nic7 said:

I agree with the dumb threads about members, but I guess people are getting bored. I understand (thanks Brawny). I disagree when you say that there are no mods online. TLC is constantly online and doing her job. I respect her and all the moderators for that.

About the Pokemon Moderators:

That would take a ton of responsibility and you'd have to be on pretty much 24/7. If there is a moderator like that in the future, they'll be called the Pokemod. LOL, only 1 letter off from Poekmon.

Last edited:
Can you justify your 6 Bar 'Site Maniac' Comments??

So is that just:

SurfinRach91
The Loose Cannon
Brawny
Cpt.McCloud
SSBB_Lover
Wii_smurf

?

nic7 said:
I don't think it is entirely pokemon. Honestly, I've felt as if the Pokemon threads are slowly dying away and by the end of the month, we will hardly see any threads about pokemon diamond and pearl
This is EXACTLY what happened with the Zelda Twilight Princess forum. Back in January, we would get like literally 30+ threads a day asking for help. But now, we have no more than 5 threads per day asking for help these days. In a similar way, the pokemon forum will die down eventually.

Last edited:
It is very discouraging to see someone responsed to others' questions with only a link to Nintendo's support instead of giving answers or suggestions. What do you think when you got that kind of response? Will you come back? :O

LMAOOOO...

Believe me guys...the mods aren't retarded, they see this too, they are doing something about it. Don't you worry.

Especially you FR.

nic7 said:

face.jpg

Yesterday alone I deleted 3 threads, edited 20+ posts, deleted 30+ posts, and moved a thread or two.

And that's all from this section :mad5:
Andthat'sonlybecauseIcan'tdoanythingelsewhere :sick:

Well, I am new to the site, I am certainly not an idiot or a jerk. You can pm me any time and we can talk if you want. You will find that I am very active within a forum community. You could also make me a mod, I have alot of experience in modding forums. I am a moderator for almost every forum I go to. I keep the site nice and clean and make it enjoyable for everyone.

Last edited:
I think they don't want to abuse their power by banning people left and right, if they break the rules they could end up getting themselves banned but FEI i0n hasn't been around at all lately and the news is lacking, one of the reasons is because none of the members have anything more to say and I don't think the release of "the big 3" is going to get us talking sadly well at least we are doing better than most forums

sorry for the rambling but yeah I know what you are saying and I rarely even bother to check here anymore, I used to get really excited but it's died

I am an idiot and a jerk.
I think the forum is going downhill

However, I think the forum could pick up again once more online capable games are available. The strikers forum is a good example. Thats quite a large number of posts just from members in Europe.

Back