WiiChat Interview Discussion

Syntax

That Canucks Fan
Dec 27, 2006
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0001
Note: Please try and keep all discussion regarding the WiiChat Interviews in this thread, thanks.

General Rules Regarding The Interviews:

• All current forum rules apply. (obviously)
  • No begging to be interviewed. Those who beg or constantly ask to be interviewed shall no longer be eligible to be interviewed.
  • If you have been interviewed and or are about to be interviewed and begin to brag to other members about it your interview will either be canceled and or removed.
  • You are allowed to nominate other members to be interviewed, suggest questions for interviews and enter yourself into the draw. This will be done through private messages. More info to come..

Q: How do I enter my name in for the draw?
A: If you would like to enter into the draw send me a private message letting me know. Every three weeks one member will be chosen to be interviewed.

Q: Can I suggest questions for the interviews?
A: Yes you can. Each week I will try to let members which person I will be interviewing so you have time to submit a question.

Q: How do I submit a question?
A: If you would like to submit a question please send me a private message. Here are the guidelines to follow.

Message Title: "X" Member Interview Question
What to include in the Private Message: Your question.

Example:

PM Title: Syntax Interview Question
Question: How did you find out about wiichat?

Note: Any inappropriate questions shall be ignored.

How The Interviews Take Place​

Week 1: WiiChat Staff Member
Week 2: WiiChat Helpful Member
Week 3: Random Member (to be drawn)

Next Weeks Interview: Wiired

Last edited by a moderator:
uh....can someone fill me in on this interview thing? I followed my own search tutorial...nothing. haha, must have been something that's been spread around.

also, might want to change "2. wiichat vet"...the term "vet" is a sore point of controversy on this site...:O

Brawny said:
uh....can someone fill me in on this interview thing? I followed my own search tutorial...nothing. haha, must have been something that's been spread around.

also, might want to change "2. wiichat vet"...the term "vet" is a sore point of controversy on this site...:O

Here you go Brawny:

http://www.wiichat.com/lounge/33487-wiichat-interviews-good-bad-idea.html

Basically everything was discussed in that thread.

Also I might change it later on.

Yeah weird idea
What do we want to find out about these people
and Im guessing you are the only interviewer?

Not for me these interviews
They will cause to much upset among people

wii_cammy said:
Yeah weird idea
What do we want to find out about these people
and Im guessing you are the only interviewer?

Not for me these interviews
They will cause to much upset among people

As I have mentioned before I have done all of this in the past on a different forum. While doing these interviews not one member complained about them. Everybody enjoyed them really. Basically I see this as a way of getting to know some of the forum members better. After all this is just for fun. Oh and as mentioned above any user that decides to go off topic and or flame, spam etc will probably have his or her post deleted.

I'm against week two vet, but for Wiired to be interviewed 2nd week

Why should people be better because they been here longer?

I think it should stay 2. Helpful member

When I put down "vet" I meant helpful member. However if it sounds better as putting down "helpful member" I'll leave it as that :D

Cpt.McCloud said:
I'm against week two vet, but for Wiired to be interviewed 2nd week

Why should people be better because they been here longer?

I think it should stay 2. Helpful member

Being a vet has nothing to do with how long one has been here.

Syntax said:
When I put down "vet" I meant helpful member. However if it sounds better as putting down "helpful member" I'll leave it as that :D

Umm, how does Vet Mean helpful member?

That was what confused me, i was thinking it was a vet only interview, then everyone else would be pushed into being voted for.

They do pretty much mean the same thing in this matter. However, if phrasing it "helpful member" avoids arguments, then so be it.

Umm, how does Vet Mean helpful member?

That was what confused me, i was thinking it was a vet only interview, then everyone else would be pushed into being voted for.

Vet in my opinion means someone who knows the ropes... Someone who is known to help around the forum.. be it by helping new members or older members etc.

Thats my definition of Vet.

Seeing as it has been changed now to "Helpful Member" I don't think we need to continue discussing this. :)

Prez said:
They do pretty much mean the same thing in this matter. However, if phrasing it "helpful member" avoids arguments, then so be it.

Yeah, it is just a little confusing as 'Vet' is normally Veteran, as in long term vet and have been here a long time, just I do not know how it links in with helpful.

Back