WiiChat's Smash4 Group Roster!

I'm just gonna post them, cause I forget this stuff myself.

Roy
Mewtwo
Dr. Mario
Dixie
Toon Zelda
Toon Shiek
"Pra_Mia" (Believed to be Plusle/Minun)

I already linked it. Click the Kwing
anyway I am pretty sure I have heard about it from other people too.

Show me an interview, recite an article. Kwing knows less about Smash Bros than most users over at SWF. Not being rude, just being truthful. Until you read an interview where SAKURAI says "I'm not adding a lot of characters" don't think as such. Brawl was going to have seven more characters at one point. That would have raised the roster to well over 40. There really is no reason to believe we will have less characters included this time. Heck, in Melee he added five characters for the sake of adding characters. He's not against adding a lot of characters you guys.

Also, I would not put all your hopes into the Forbidden 7. It means hardly anything or almost anything.

Wolf. Bowser. Dedede. Meta Knight. Pokemon Trainer. Wario. Mewtwo. What do they all have in common? They were all planned for Prior installments of Smash, but got into later installments. The forbidden seven means something, and you saying it doesn't still annoys me considering how hard you were pushing Toon Zelda.

Knowledge is power: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-smash-directory-thread.324410/

Last edited:
Pretty sure Sakurai said something along the lines of "I don't wanna add many new characters." Not gonna find a source right this second, though.

Pretty sure Sakurai said something along the lines of "I don't wanna add many new characters." Not gonna find a source right this second, though.

That link I posted, go searching. You're not going to find an article where he said that because he never did.

That article is referring to the interview I already talked about above. Where he's talking about not simply adding a buncha characters and stages and calling it good. He wants a new experience, hence THEIR (Not his) words "Quality over Quantity"

Boom.

He did not feel that it would be right to just increase the volume, adding 50 characters or doubling the stages for instance. He also felt it would be wrong to just improve the visuals. This is why he felt that selecting to make the game for the console just because it would have greater performance would be wrong.

http://andriasang.com/comw97/iwata_asks_smash_bros/

A
ndriasang was THE first person to translate this Iwata asks interview, two years ago.

Last edited:
Which means that Sakurai is going to focus more on improving what he already has then making a whole bunch of new characters.

You are looking at it in the wrong way.

These experianced reporters and information seekers are giving you the correct view of what Sakurai is saying; quality over quantity.

Last edited:
You are looking at it in the wrong way.

No, you really are. Sakurai in an interview even talks about how he wanted MORE charcaters in Brawl, but couldn't due to time contraints. He's always interested in adding a good amount of characters, and with each installment he has TRIED to add more. Brawl added fourteen characters, and 21 (That we know of) we're trying to be included at one point. Melee was simply going to have eight characters added, but he wanted to add MORE, so we got 13. He's never been, and isn't, against adding characters. I'm willing to bed we will get 12 - 15 newcomers.

But just read the freaking quote, he mentions not just simply going HD. Only furthering that he's talking about making a new smash experience, not simply upping everything. Had nothing to do with the characters.

HEY WII, are you voting for K Rool or no?

Last edited:
I think your wrong there. Sure he will add some characters but I don't think it will be a whole lot of them. Sakurai felt that Brawl needed polishing and I think that's what Smash 4 is going to be.

I was completely lost at where the voting is currently at. They were talking about Metroid and Fire Emblem.

But no, I don't think we'll get any DK characters aside from the 2 we already have.

Don't mind that, the topic is always on the original post btw. And sweet all we're missing now is Splash and I guess Ninja if he wants to come vote.

Why don't you think we will get Dixie or K Rool? What do you think about Dixie being planned for Brawl at one point? Doesn't that show that Sakurai has at least a mild interest with the series?

Why don't you think we will get Dixie or K Rool? What do you think about Dixie being planned for Brawl at one point? Doesn't that show that Sakurai has at least a mild interest with the series?

I'm sure the devs thought of countless characters that could've been potential fighters to be added for Brawl. Very few got in. Brawl introduced Diddy. The DK roster doubled. More than enough for a series. Sadly, Pokemon will probably take up another spot in addition to the current ones it has.

Next will be Kirby, but I'm waiting on Splash, and hopefully Ninja comes in and votes. I would count what he posted earlier as a vote but it seemed more like a list of potential characters, not votes.

Back