WiiChat's Smash4 Group Roster!

Lucario was added because he was a very well recieved Pokemon, just like Pikachu, Jiggs, Mewtwo, ect. Not JUST because of newness

Though this is completely unrelated t' Smash 4, Lucario bein' a new 'mon did actually play a humongous role in him gettin' into Brawl. He starred in one'a them yearly Pokemovies which was released a vclose enough). Lucario was, in a way, the face of Generation 4 Pokemon games 'cause of this movie. That, and the fact he was one'a the first Generation 4 Pokemon revealed. Regardless of his popularity, the fact he was a new 'mon was very important for him gettin' that roster slot.

... We'll soon see if Sakurai will change his mind in regards t' whether or not he wants to remove characters. ;_;

Personally, I feel Doc is probably JUST AS IF NOT MORE LIKELY than Junior.

I disagree. Sakurai has implicitly stated he strived t' erase clones from Brawl. I can only imagine he'll try even harder to keep clones outta Smash 4. Doc won't return before a new character will both because of his history as a clone and the fact he's literally still Mario, even if he has a completely different moveset.

Junior could be included as a last minute clone.

Who would Jr. be a clone of, Bowser... ? Definitely not. Jr. obviously wouldn't be a heavy hitter, nor is he large and can breath fire. Ya definitely couldn't just paste Bowser's moveset onto his son and call that adequate. Sakurai definitely wouldn't do that.

And I would like to here Neosquid's two cents before we go and vote, so, expect to just discuss/debate SM newcomers until she(?) shows up.

It.

Absolutely. He's a relatively significant reoccurrin' Mario villain. Definitely not as relevant as his father, but relevant none the less both in old games and more modern releases. His chances t' get into Smash definitely aren't too large though; not until ya factor in the limited pool of other Mario characters to choose from.

Truth be told, I am a tad on the fence with the idea of Jr.'s inclusion. This is solely from Sakurai's statement that he doesn't want t' add very many characters. It only seems logical Mario would get an extra fighter, particularly wanted or not, if other major franchises get a character too (namely Zelda). I feel Jr. is the most likely Mario character t' be chosen, so that's why I believe he'll get in. If I took away my assumption of "major series' gettin' another character means most-every other major series gets one too", then I wouldn't be votin' for Jr. to get int' Smash 4. Definitely not. If my assumption is incorrect, I don't think we'll get another Mario character period.

Obviously this ain't related t' Jr.'s potential in his own right, but Smash's roster also lacks dedicated villains. Pretty much every encounter in Brawl's SSE was with generic enemies. As such, I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai endeavored t' add more baddies such as Jr.

The problem is, I think Bowser Jr. does not do a good job in villainy as Bowser does, meaning that his merit as a villain has already been overshadowed by Bowser Sr. Not only that, but I do not see BJ's as the main villain type but more as a wannabe main villain. Plus if you want a villain there are better ones to get from other game series. The Mario roster already has the spot of villain. I don't think it need another one. The Donkey Kong, Fire Emblem, Pokémon (Mewtwo), and Metroid need villains. This is also why I think Ghirahim wont make it because the villain's spot is already filled by someone better.

If they do another SSE, I don't think BJ will fit in that well. He would be completely overshadowed by all the other villains. I don't even think BJ is villain worthy. He seems more of an annoyance than a big problem.

Last edited:
And the King of Second Bananas is overshadowed by Mario. And DK overshadows Diddy. If the character ain't bein' overshadowed by someone not yet a part of the roster, I don't think bein' overshadowed is a problem on it's own. Perhaps if another character from the series who would moreso appreciate the slot, but otherwise I would say that only slightly hampers their chances.

Don't believe Sakurai ever stated there can only be one villain per series. Don't think he ever would neither considerin' the hero-villain ratio we currently have.

If we were t' have another SSE-like story mode, Jr. would likely function like Wario: an annoyin' little **** who's in it for the mischief making as opposed t' the ends said mischief achieves... well that and the fact Sr. would be stirrin' up plenty of trouble. He'd essentially function as Sr.'s sidekick when together and when apart, he'd be much like Wario was in SSE. Albeit too small t' carry one'a them trophy cannons.

They have time to make it different due to DLC and also because of character customization

tumblr_mb6pndtYQD1qddi5do5_r1_250.gif

Ya know, there was a time when games weren't released in a half-finished state. How I miss those days.

Though this is completely unrelated t' Smash 4, Lucario bein' a new 'mon did actually play a humongous role in him gettin' into Brawl. He starred in one'a them yearly Pokemovies which was released a vclose enough). Lucario was, in a way, the face of Generation 4 Pokemon games 'cause of this movie. That, and the fact he was one'a the first Generation 4 Pokemon revealed. Regardless of his popularity, the fact he was a new 'mon was very important for him gettin' that roster slot.

Well if being new was such an important merit (I do believe being new has something to do with his inclusion) why didn't Sakurai just go with Darkrai, or one of the other 4th Gen Pokemon that had a movie? I think Lucario's unooficial status as te 4th Gen mascot and band of incredibly autistic followers really are what helped him. And, if he is to return, I would thank tem.

... We'll soon see if Sakurai will change his mind in regards t' whether or not he wants to remove characters. ;_;

Sakurai's been quoted saying "I love all my characters! :laughs:". So I think if he can avoid cutting, he will.

I disagree. Sakurai has implicitly stated he strived t' erase clones from Brawl. I can only imagine he'll try even harder to keep clones outta Smash 4. Doc won't return before a new character will both because of his history as a clone and the fact he's literally still Mario, even if he has a completely different moveset.

I've actually never heard that statement, but I suppose being cut from Brawl is a double edged sword. But, remember if Sakurai had it his way we would have four more clones in Brawl. Toon Zelda, Toon Shiek, Roy, and Doctor Mario.

Who would Jr. be a clone of, Bowser... ? Definitely not. Jr. obviously wouldn't be a heavy hitter, nor is he large and can breath fire. Ya definitely couldn't just paste Bowser's moveset onto his son and call that adequate. Sakurai definitely wouldn't do that.

You can, it would just be stupid. I'm not expecting that though, heck, I'm not expecting Junior to begin with. I think ultimately, him and Doc are the most likely choices, but I don't know how likely a Mario character is. I agree with you that on merits alone, Junior could get in Smash, but I also think Toad has enough merits as well.

Don't believe Sakurai ever stated there can only be one villain per series. Don't think he ever would neither considerin' the hero-villain ratio we currently have

Plus that's just such a random little rule to make for Sakurai to make for himself.

Anyways, here's my vote:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser

Last edited:
And the King of Second Bananas is overshadowed by Mario. And DK overshadows Diddy. If the character ain't bein' overshadowed by someone not yet a part of the roster, I don't think bein' overshadowed is a problem on it's own. Perhaps if another character from the series who would moreso appreciate the slot, but otherwise I would say that only slightly hampers their chances.
Luigi got his own game and it happens to be the "year of Rurigi" and Diddy Kong is not overshadowed by DK. I don't think he ever was. That's like saying Ratchet overshadows Clank. I don't think Bowser J has been Bowser's partner in crime. More like he does what he wants and Bowser just sleeps on the couch like a normal father.

Don't believe Sakurai ever stated there can only be one villain per series. Don't think he ever would neither considerin' the hero-villain ratio we currently have.
I only observe patterns.

Sakurai's been quoted saying "I love all my characters! :laughs:". So I think if he can avoid cutting, he will.
Interpretation, Kirby, Meta Knight, DeDeDe, and Pit are not going to get cut EVER.

I've actually never heard that statement, but I suppose being cut from Brawl is a double edged sword. But, remember if Sakurai had it his way we would have four more clones in Brawl. Toon Zelda, Toon Shiek, Roy, and Doctor Mario.
There is a reason why they were cut.

Now about Rosalia
3 points

1. She is THE representative of Super Mario Galaxy, a masterpiece series that will no doubt get huge rep in this Smash game.

2. She is female. Jigglypuff got in over Meowth for a reason and has stayed in the games for a long time.

3. She is a new character that has a backstory. Her character is the most fleshed out of any new Mario character or that of any main series Mario game. If any new Mario character got in it would be her.

Against Bowser Jr.
3 points

1. He did not get into Brawl, and he was not even considered (judging by the missing 8). He is not old enough to be acknowledged as a staple and not young enough to be fresh.

2. His role is not that big in the Mario franchise. He is an annoyance which does not constitute true villain material. He is not even Bowser's partner.

3. The Mario roster does not need another villain.

Last edited:
Bowser Jr. is probably the most likely Mario newcomer, as well as the one I want the most. Waluigi is probably a close second, but I don't want Waluigi.

Am I really that much of a girl? You're not the first person to assume I'm a girl. o_o I'm okay with this.

Last edited:
I don't think Waluig is as close to getting in as you think

Waluigi
is not getting in:
Reason one: His existence was solely for Doulbes in Tennis and Double Dash as Wario's Partner. He has no purpose other than that.
Reason two: Too many Mario characters already. If we are going to get another one I hope it's not wasted on Waluigi.
Reason three: No Rep. He has no games. Wario has his own games but Waluigi does not.

Waluigi has absolutely nothing going for him.

And read my post above your to why I don't think Bowser Jr. is getting in.

Am I really that much of a girl? You're not the first person to assume I'm a girl. o_o I'm okay with this.
One of the reasons I walk around with a Mr. attached to my name.

Last edited:
Waluigi is dangerously close IMO. Him, Junior and Toad are the three "real" choices I could see Sakurai using IMO. Besides Doctor Mario.

Anyways since none of us can agree on what the Mario roster will look like, feel free to vote for the characters you think the mario franchise will have. This is a prediction roster, not an ideal roster, so it's what you think will happen, not what you want. Can't stress this enough. Include veterans in your vote as well. I would like a vote from all of you if possible. (Neo, Mr, Wii, and Splash)

And Neo, I was going to guess girl or gay. :p

1. She is THE representative of Super Mario Galaxy, a masterpiece series that will no doubt get huge rep in this Smash game.

That's fine, I'll give you this. Junior and Toad have so many more appearences than her, it's not even funny. Both even showed up in "her" games. I think you place too much on this series. It's just two installments of the Mario series.

2. She is female. Jigglypuff got in over Meowth for a reason and has stayed in the games for a long time.

Being female has such little weight when Sakurai is creating a roster. Every female in Smash is extremely deserving right now, and if Sakurai was going to add a female just because of her genitals, then, why not someone like Dixie, Palutena, or Krystal?

3. She is a new character that has a backstory. Her character is the most fleshed out of any new Mario character or that of any main series Mario game. If any new Mario character got in it would be her.

Can't comment much on this, but I don't think it's really relevent considering Game and Watch has literally no back story. It doesn't matter much in terms of inclusion.

Last edited:
To refute one, I gotta point out that not being in the "Missing 8" doesn't mean he wasn't considered. And for two, how is Rosalina more important than Bowser Jr.? Jr.'s appeared in far more games then she has. 3 doesn't mean much either, I could say that "the Mario roster doesn't need another blonde woman in a dress".

And how is Jr. not Bowser's partner? I'm pretty sure he counts as Bowser's partner in multiple games.

And Neo, I was going to guess girl or gay. :p
.//.

But imma straight.

I just can't see the dangerously close.
I just can't.

People only want him in because he completes an already complete circle.
Waluigi's existence is solely for sports games so Wario can have a partner.

To refute one, I gotta point out that not being in the "Missing 8" doesn't mean he wasn't considered. And for two, how is Rosalina more important than Bowser Jr.? Jr.'s appeared in far more games then she has. 3 doesn't mean much either, I could say that "the Mario roster doesn't need another blonde woman in a dress"
Right, it just means that at least 8 other character were higher on the list then him.
Why is Rosalina better than BJ... SMG>SMS
She represents a whole series and is a new character.
BJ is not old enough and young enough to give him any leverage.

And how is Jr. not Bowser's partner? I'm pretty sure he counts as Bowser's partner in multiple games.
I don't think Bowser J has been Bowser's partner in crime. More like he does what he wants and Bowser just sleeps on the couch like a normal father.

Oh and squid is Metrosexual

Last edited:
I think that Ghirahim, Bowser Jr., Shulk, Little Mac, and Chrom have the biggest chance. I think K. Rool, Ridley, Palutena, Krystal, and Waluigi are next in line in terms of chance of getting in.

I'm likely forgetting someone...

Oh, well, I didn't know x.x

I'm gay, so, yeah. I just assumed wrongly I suppose.

And right now, focus on the Mario franchise. Once we pass this franchise, we will move on to Wario and Yoshi. We're gonna just put them together because they're pretty simple.

People only want him in because he completes an already complete circle.

I don't even like Waluigi, but you have to give him credit like every other character. Peopl want him in because they like him/what he may bring to Smash.

Back