WiiChat's Smash4 Group Roster!

That did not stop Zelda.

Zelda is a prominent character. Zelda is important to her series. Zelda is a popular choice.

Let's face it, SMG was the latest influential main series Mario game.

You focus too much on this specific title that's currency is outdated.

Zelda is a prominent character. Zelda is important to her series. Zelda is a popular choice.
Zelda's popularity is what it is because of Super Smash Bros.
Sure her name is on the front but she lacked character until recently.

I will admit she is a huge part of the series, but she was not that playable nor was she a fighter (even Sheik never fought). She had no, absolutely no moveset potential.

You focus too much on this specific title that's currency is outdated.
True, I will give you that but... Timeless Classic does negate it
What was the last notable Mario game that came out?
Not 3DLand
SMG 1 and 2 are one of the most highly rated Mario 7th gen titles and compared to what we have so far I would say it's the best new Mario game out so far.

Some say it even trumphs Super Mario 64 which would make it the best 3D Mario game ever and the best modern Mario game so far.

Speaking of Zelda we should do Legend of Zelda next and all the loners last.

Last edited:
Zelda's popularity is what it is because of Super Smash Bros.
Sure her name is on the front but she lacked character until recently.

First line is false. Second line is irrelevent.

She had no, absolutely no moveset potential.

What do you think Sheik is? Her moveset potential is her duality. Plus, it's Zelda. I don't think it matters if she was a "fighter" or not. Rosalina IS NO Zelda. Not. No.

True, I will give you that but... Timeless Classic does negate it

But it doesn't though.

What was the last notable Mario game that came out?
Not 3DLand

NSMBWii U? This argument doesn't work. Galaxy isn't everything.

SMG 1 and 2 are one of the most highly rated Mario 7th gen titles and compared to what we have so far I would say it's the best new Mario game out so far.

Which is fine, and I expect a level to come from the game, not Rosalina as a playable character.

Speaking of Zelda we should do Legend of Zelda next and all the loners last.

Let's just focus on Mario right meow.

I think you're muddling your reasoning for Rosalina's inclusion. She isn't really that excellent of a choice overall. And within' the Mario choices, she loses out to Toad and Junior. Remember, this is about prediction, not ideals.

But I don't feel like arguing against Rosalina anymore, she just isn't likely, and most of your points were moot for her inclusion anyways.

am finally here insomnia herp derp

Ya know, there was a time when games weren't released in a half-finished state. How I miss those days.

Yep. Those grand ol' days when we could buy Super Street Fighter Ultra Hardcore Director's Cut edition the movie the game t' get a few patches and maybe a new character or two, all for the low price of $50. Who needs free DLC anyways!

I think Lucario's unooficial status as te 4th Gen mascot and band of incredibly autistic followers really are what helped him.

Lucario's my favorite 'mon, ya insensitive bastard... ;_____;

Luigi got his own game and it happens to be the "year of Rurigi" and Diddy Kong is not overshadowed by DK. I don't think he ever was. That's like saying Ratchet overshadows Clank. I don't think Bowser J has been Bowser's partner in crime. More like he does what he wants and Bowser just sleeps on the couch like a normal father.

That point 'bout Weegee 'n Diddy was meant t' further insinuate that whether or not Jr. is overshadowed by his father is irrelevant. Didn't mean 'em literally. Just (crude) examples.

Why exactly is your opinion of Jr. as a villain so negative? Obviously his evil agenda is solely 'cause his father is the ol' King of Koopas, but why does this make him completely irrelevant? His relevance to certain Mario games is quite notable. For the entirety of Sunshine, Jr. is constantly interfering with Mario's attempts to save Peach (whom he is responsible for kidnapping in the first place).

You do have a point with that last sentence, however... Bowser Sr. did absolutely ****-all in Sunshine. Meanwhile, Jr. polluted an entire island, stole every last shine sprite, and then even the Princess. On his own. Bowser could've never appeared in the game and his son could've easily been the final boss on his own. Jr. was literally the main villain of Sunshine, doing all of the work. This alone refutes your second point against Jr.

Across both Galaxy games, Jr. is trusted with guarding many Grand Stars. I don't believe any of Bowser's other underlings, ever, are given such important duties multiple times. Though he's by no means the main villain in Galaxy 1/2 as he was in Sunshine, this cements the fact Jr. is still not only a relevant character, but a reoccurring one. Obviously Rosalina is a newer character, but considerin' Jr. makes appearance in both her games, to say she is more relevant in terms of recent games is hogwash. Hell, Jr. made a more recent appearance than her, as he shows face in Sticker Star.

Also note, how many appearances has Rosalina made in major games? One; I don't believe her pointless cameo in 2 at all counts, after all. She was entirely irrelevant to Galaxy 2.

For the sake of mentioning, I don't believe points 1 and 3 against Jr. have any merit what-so-ever. We can't know who Sakurai was considerin' and who he wasn't. Perhaps the over-saturation of Mario and Mario-related characters in Brawl prevented him from even discussin' if a Mario character would be added, so point 1 is moot. Point 3 isn't a deterrent to Jr. joinin' 'cause sure, the Mario franchise don't need another villain... but who said characters join Brawl simply 'cause they're deemed as bein' mandatory? Do ya really think someone said "ROB needs to be in Smash Bros.!" with unparalleled conviction? And what if Sakurai actually does believe Jr. really deserves the roster spot? We can't know what the executives are thinkin'. Does not need =/= will not get.

Furthermore, I believe only your first point in regards to Rosalina is valid and can't be ignored. I don't believe it's enough t' make her odds at all noteworthy, however. She's not popular, despite moveset potential she's not really meant for a fightin' game neither. Obviously the same applies t' Peach, but I feel Rosalina doesn't really have that same quality which let Peach rather hilariously join the Melee.

Oh, and one last (minute) point I should mention. Jr.'s brush is E. Gadd's invention, no? The ol' professor returns in Dark Moon. Perhaps he'll have at least a little influence over Smash... perhaps, say, his brush returning, wielded by the villain who originally obtained it.

also ratchet does overshadow clank lawl

I don't think Waluig is as close to getting in as you think

secondkarp.png

Even if the Waluweegee haters don't entirely negate his fans, he's such an irrelevant character who's appeared in only sports games. Sayin' Waluigi has a chance t' get in is like sayin' Daisy may one day join Smash's roster (she's more notable but still has no chance).

And Neo, I was going to guess girl or gay. :p

sig worthy

Wario counts as a part of the mushroom emblem or is he his own thing?

... Are you srsly considerin' takin' part in the thread? :lol:

That did not stop Zelda.

... So much as comparin' Zelda's importance to The Legend of Zelda with Rosalina's relevance in a single Mario game is utter blasphemy, MR.

HeyLolita said:
NSMBWii U? This argument doesn't work. Galaxy isn't everything.

Galaxy does overshadow all other recent Mario games. NSMB, the series as a whole, is entirely invalidated by the scale of Galaxy, mainly 'cause NSMB is just a revival of the original 2D games. Galaxy is the new Mario IP of last generation. It's the same scale as the original Mario games were, the scale of Super Mario 64, of Sunshine, etc.

... Though I believe this point, that Galaxy is the most relevant of Mario game(s) currently, is MR's only good point to support Rosalina thus far.

EDIT: Oh right, the vote. Once MR and I's lil' discussion comes to a close/heats down, I'll cast mine.

Last edited:
Let me be more clear

ahem...

I think Rosalina is going to ride the Super Mario Galaxy train all the way to Smash

If you look up Top Ten Mario Games, guess what is placed either number 2 or 3.
That would be Super Mario Galaxy 2
NSMBWiiU does not stand a chance when SMG2 was placed right below SMW and right above SMB3 and SM64

Seriously, THAT GAME is FREAKIN' WINSAUCE
Music, the aesthetics, the PHYSICS!!!, the references to the past!, YOSHI, the creativeness
If they remade that game in HD it would fly off the shelves.

When it fall right below Super Mario World you know you have done something right.

You underestimate what I call a masterpiece. When I call something a masterpiece, it's for a darn good reason.
Do you know how good an HD SMG Stage and Music would look and sound in Smash?

THIS IS THE GREATEST 3D MARIO GAME AND I KNOW IT NEEDS A REP.

Now that I am off my milk crate here's who I think will be in the next Smash Game

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Rosalina

And on that note, I'd imagine Rosalina will simply appear as an assist trophy/story mode cameo/item-somethin'-whatever.

mai votes:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr.

That point 'bout Weegee 'n Diddy was meant t' further insinuate that whether or not Jr. is overshadowed by his father is irrelevant. Didn't mean 'em literally. Just (crude) examples.

Why exactly is your opinion of Jr. as a villain so negative? Obviously his evil agenda is solely 'cause his father is the ol' King of Koopas, but why does this make him completely irrelevant? His relevance to certain Mario games is quite notable. For the entirety of Sunshine, Jr. is constantly interfering with Mario's attempts to save Peach (whom he is responsible for kidnapping in the first place).

You do have a point with that last sentence, however... Bowser Sr. did absolutely ****-all in Sunshine. Meanwhile, Jr. polluted an entire island, stole every last shine sprite, and then even the Princess. On his own. Bowser could've never appeared in the game and his son could've easily been the final boss on his own. Jr. was literally the main villain of Sunshine, doing all of the work. This alone refutes your second point against Jr.

Across both Galaxy games, Jr. is trusted with guarding many Grand Stars. I don't believe any of Bowser's other underlings, ever, are given such important duties multiple times. Though he's by no means the main villain in Galaxy 1/2 as he was in Sunshine, this cements the fact Jr. is still not only a relevant character, but a reoccurring one. Obviously Rosalina is a newer character, but considerin' Jr. makes appearance in both her games, to say she is more relevant in terms of recent games is hogwash. Hell, Jr. made a more recent appearance than her, as he shows face in Sticker Star.

Also note, how many appearances has Rosalina made in major games? One; I don't believe her pointless cameo in 2 at all counts, after all. She was entirely irrelevant to Galaxy 2.

For the sake of mentioning, I don't believe points 1 and 3 against Jr. have any merit what-so-ever. We can't know who Sakurai was considerin' and who he wasn't. Perhaps the over-saturation of Mario and Mario-related characters in Brawl prevented him from even discussin' if a Mario character would be added, so point 1 is moot. Point 3 isn't a deterrent to Jr. joinin' 'cause sure, the Mario franchise don't need another villain... but who said characters join Brawl simply 'cause they're deemed as bein' mandatory? Do ya really think someone said "ROB needs to be in Smash Bros.!" with unparalleled conviction? And what if Sakurai actually does believe Jr. really deserves the roster spot? We can't know what the executives are thinkin'.
You make J seem more like a henchman and underling, which he basically is. It does not matter how many games J was in it will only slightly increase the odds. Being on the villain side of those games only slightly increase the odds. How many mini bosses have appeared throughout video games? How many are noteworthy? I just don't see BJ as a Mario staple. He has as much chance to get in as Iron Knuckle. That's how I see it.

And Rosalina set the stage which became the best 3D Mario Series. It was only possible through her which mean her influence was literally everywhere in SMG2.

Does not need =/= will not get.
Aye Pichu and Doc

also ratchet does overshadow clank lawl
There is a difference between overshadowing and being more popular.

... So much as comparin' Zelda's importance to The Legend of Zelda with Rosalina's relevance in a single Mario game is utter blasphemy, MR.
Nah
I was just comparing Smash Potential because it really doesn't matter if you staple a masterpiece
Which it was Super Mario World that basically immortalized Yoshi and sent him straight to Smash even if it was last gen.

I just don't see BJ as a Mario staple.

But he is at this point. He's made minor appearances in nigh-every Mario game since his inception, was very literally the main villain of one game, and has made slightly notable appearances in a few other games since (namely referring to his small roles in SMG1/2). He's obviously not in the same league as the four Mario characters already in Smash, but nor are any other potential characters that could come from the Mario series. Indeed, my opinion is that he's the most notable Mario character not yet in Smash, even over Rosalina's (hollow, recent times-related) relevance.

He has as much chance to get in as Iron Knuckle.

uve cat 2 be kitten me right meow

But he is at this point. He's made minor appearances in nigh-every Mario game since his inception, was very literally the main villain of one game, and has made slightly notable appearances in a few other games since (namely referring to his small roles in SMG1/2). He's obviously not in the same league as the four Mario characters already in Smash, but nor are any other potential characters that could come from the Mario series. Indeed, my opinion is that he's the most notable Mario character not yet in Smash, even over Rosalina's (hollow, recent times-related) relevance.
I will still fall back on the Yoshi point.
Yoshi got in Smash because of Super Mario World which was last gen at the time.
Now we have a revolutionary new Mario game which places right next to the Legendary SMW...

I think we will see another Yoshi

uve cat 2 be kitten me right meow
You better believe it

Also, I am glad we can agree on one thing...

Rosalina ain't exactly as popular as Yoshi was however, now was she? Either way, it seems we're at the point we must agree t' disagree. A differing of opinions indeed.

gewd use of meme is gewd

IDK

But a 25% say Bowser Jr.
And a 25% say Rosalina

Also SMS was not as great nor on the same plain as SM64 or SMG

Last edited:
Back