WiiConnect 24 Update Breaking Systems? Heres info

Wiitime

the guy below- HES BACK!!
Oct 15, 2006
Wii Online Code
1405-1695-6567-5492
WiiConnect 24 Update Breaking Systems?
Be careful what you wish for, you just might get a broken Wii.
by Micah Seff
November 20, 2006 - We have received word from numerous sources that running the initial WiiConnect 24 update on the Wii has had a tendency to cause a recurring error code. Several error codes have been reported so far, but the most prevalent of them are 110213 and 32002. We contacted Nintendo about this issue, and they filled us in on what you should do if you find yourself in this predicament.

Currently, Nintendo has two options in place to resolve the problem. If you do not have any data saved to your system that is important to keep, then you can contact Nintendo customer service and they will ship a new console to you in 3-4 business days. However, if you do have important data saved to your system, then things get a little trickier. Data like game saves and Miis are not disastrous to lose, but Virtual Console data is. While Virtual Console games are re-downloadable should you delete them, the data saved on your console regarding which games you have downloaded is tied to your system. In this situation, option #2 is the way to go.

Option #2 requires that Nintendo send you a shipping label which should take 4-10 business days. Once you receive the shipping label, you can use it to send the console to Nintendo for repairs, after which they will send it back to you. Sadly, this process takes 8-12 business days, meaning that if you choose option #2, you will be Wii-less for a good long while.

Nintendo could not comment on how widespread this problem is, but did say that they are currently looking into fixes that can be done without Nintendo replacing or repairing the console itself. If you find yourself receiving either of these error codes, or any others, please visit Nintendo's customer service website.

i hope mine is great and has no problems (knocks on wood)

So i have a question... When i hook up the wii, i do not have to download the updates ASAP right? Does it auto save the games like wii sports? Does the wii automaticall pick up a internet router?

Thanks

nope ya dont have to update it right away.

you dont save games on wii sports.

if you try to set up a internet connection you can choose wireless/wired/wifi adapter. the wireless setting you can choose to type ins ettings manually or "search" for a connection.

Thanks, i will probably do the update, then play... This way i know i have done the updates already.. i am so excited and nervous. I am praying mine is a good system and works great ( knocks on wood).

Back