WiiConnect is SLOW - servers are slammed

CrashX

WiiChat Member
Nov 19, 2006
The servers are obviously slammed.
My updated has been running for over a half an hour!
It's ALMOST finished.

Even Nintendo.com doesn't come up reliably. So if you are having problems, I suggest not trying to many weird things like unplugging everything in your house. Just wait and try again in a couple of hours. Once the initial burst of connections dies down, it should be fine.

It FINALLY finished the update
I'd say it took and hour and two tries.

Spitfire_K said:
I updated mine at 2 am this morning and it only took like 3 min. :D

Must be nice. I tried the walmart route and didn't work out for me. So I waited at target overnight and just got my Wii this morning! Im so thrilled I love it so much. I just hate having to wait an hour or two for the darned forced update. It would be nice if I could just test the internet connection and allow it to slowly update while the unit was off.

yeah I think I'm 20 minutes into it and i'm a little over half way, its fine, I've waited this long, I can wait a little longer :)

My updates didn't take tooo long, but it was ridiculous downloading a VC game. It's neat though, the Mario style loading (you'll see what I mean if you haven't downloaded a VC title yet).

I was almost done and then it said error, so I'm gonna wait for a long time, I've been playing games and stuff, I really like it so far, I'm satisfied with the graphics

Back