Wiiconnect24/News/Wii shop wont connect to internet but i can still play online!?!!?!

Jordz

WiiChat Member
Aug 1, 2009
Hi, I'm new to this site and this is my 1st post! :D

Well I'm a bit confused with my Wii as I can connect to the internet when I set up a connection, and also can play online (played Mario Kart online) so I know the internet works..

But the problem is when I try to use the Wiiconnect24 or the Wii Shop or the News & Weather forecast, It says I must accept this user agreement thing to be able to use them, but when I go on the options to the user agreement it says its trying to connect to the internet and then always coes back as failed, so I can't accept it to use them features of the Wii..

But I can play games online so there is a connection, and it says so when I test the connection, but it just says there is not one when I try use Wiiconnect24 or the user agreement..

Any ideas guys?

I am so confused its untrue, I've tried alsorts!

Cheers, Jordan.

Hello,

Im only guessing but im sure someone else had this problem not long ago,
i think its something to do with your region,where you live?
Try setting your country to something else in the wii settings menu.

Hi, I managed to sort it shortly after, it was my router, its was set to "TKIP" so I could only play games online, but I managed to change it to "WEP" by entering the routers IP address in the web bar at the top and going into the settings.

I saw other people said it was not the region and they had the same problem as me, but I managed to sort it out.

The region and everything else was correct, so it was just my router.

I think some routers come default set up as "TKIP" so if you wish to use it with your Wii you need to change it ti "WEP"

Jordan.

Back