WiiKey: not booting Setup Disc

Arty

WiiChat Member
Nov 9, 2007
Hi,

I have a Wii PAL with latest update (3.1E). I have a WiiKey installed. I updated it to version 1.9b using Update Disc found at the official WiiKey website. Update went fine.

Then I burned the Setup Disc v1.3 on a Verbatim DVD+R, using ImgBurn at 1X.

When I put it in the Wii, it correctly shows a GameCube channel. But when I launch it, I have a black screen which says something like An Error has occured, Press the Eject Button and remove the disc.

So I burned the GCOS MultiGame Version disc and this one launch. But I don't have a GameCube pad so I can't try to launch the WiiKey Setup Disc using it. I will buy a pad and try that again.

I want to use my Wii as a DivX player. So this is kind of boring when you have to switch GCOS, Setup then movies. 3 discs! :O

My question: is there a fix so I can launch the Setup disc v1.3 directly, without GCOS disc? :worship:

This isn't the place to ask about modchip problems, lol. Run away before 3859 people tell you you're the scum of the earth!

I stopped doing stuff like that when my DS bricked. I learned my lesson. I didn't even modd, either!

It was just all flash cart stuff... -_-...

Quite frankly,
This guy is posting this to show off.

AtomicB said:
I stopped doing stuff like that when my DS bricked. I learned my lesson. I didn't even modd, either!

It was just all flash cart stuff... -_-...

Quite frankly,

show off a $20 chip? hmm..

im sorry arty, as much as that may rhyme, the song doesn't end well. your most likely not going to find your answer here, but im sure there are modders forums for this type of stuff. from what ive read here, they dont really like modders, i really dont give a crap if you mod your wii, but i personally dont believe in fixing something that is not broke, so i do not have a clue on what your talking about. sorry, and goodluck with your question

Celeste said:
This isn't the place to ask about modchip problems, lol. Run away before 3859 people tell you you're the scum of the earth!

I don't get why it's a problem to want to get rid of my DivX player that's taking place while my Wii can do the same (and is smaller). Modding your Wii to get more out of it is not illegal.

Btw, thank you Celeste. I just found forums that are about my issue, at PSX-Scene and AfterDawn.

AtomicB said:
I stopped doing stuff like that when my DS bricked. I learned my lesson. I didn't even modd, either! It was just all flash cart stuff... -_-...

I'm not asking for a lesson.

AtomicB said:

What am I supposed to show off? That I voided my warranty with a $10 chip?

I think that you are showing off by having a condescending attitude over new members of WiiChat.com

Jay588 said:
show off a $20 chip? hmm..

Just saw it at $10 :wink:

Jay588 said:
i personally dont believe in fixing something that is not broke

Well there's something broke: the Setup disc should be booting without the help of another disc.

Anyway, thank you all for your answers, I will ask other forums. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Arty said:
Just saw it at $10 :wink:

Well there's something broke: the Setup disc should be booting without the help of another disc.

Anyway, thank you all for your answers, I will ask other forums. Thanks. :thumbsup:

so the setup works with the help of another disc? i could be wrong inthis situation, but once it is set up, you dont have to do it again right?

Jay588 said:
once it is set up, you dont have to do it again right?

The name "Setup" disc is erroneous. It's more of a "Tools" disc: it contains a tool to change the setup of the modchip but it also offers a software called MFE to play video DVD and DivX (and OGG, MOV, etc...). This is in fact a front-end to MPlayer that runs on a compact version of Linux.

And that's why I need to launch this disc everytime I want to use my Wii for movies.

Sometimes I wonder why Supratec (the brandname of my DVD/DIVX player) isn´t compatible with my Wii..... Shouldn´t there be any DVD-KEY out there, which can MOD my DVD player so I can play my Wii games??????
.....Same stupid question, just turned around..... A Wii is to play games....and a DIVX player is to watch movies..... If you want to play and watch movies, maybe a XBOX or PS3 should do the trick...... Again: Wii = Play

oxhaker said:
"You're the scum of the Earth."

Don´t see the reason to insult people. Maybe he is just one of the few people who want to use his Wii to watch "Pirate" movies. As I wrote before, the Wii is to Play, not to Watch Movies (ALthought I read lst wedensday that Nintendo will release in 2008 a version with DVD,.....Great Move Nintendo!, Let us pay AGAIN for another console). Still, that doesn´t give you a reason to insult people..... Ok...Maybe you may insult them a "little" bit:lol: , but nothing more........Atleast explain why you insult a person......

Dear RTR1900,

I think Oxhaker was joking, at 2nd degree. He/She was just proving Celeste was right when he/she told me that people here will call me like that. That's just a joke, I don't take offense, and you should not too.

Regarding what people have to do with there Wii, well I don't think this has to be discussed. Everyone is free to do what they want, they bought it. For example, you can try to stick it in your bottom and maybe you'll feel less stressed. You are free to do so.

Also, you are free not to upgrade to a new model that plays video DVD. Considering that you already own that famous Supratec...

Forget using your Wii as a Divx player, its hard on the drive. I'm not sure why the setup wouldn't load though, make sure your burning the Pal version as an ISO.
AS for modchips, I have a WiiKey, I still buy the good games like Metroid but its just nice to try out all the games that you wouldn't consider buying.

OP's post just seems like it's here for advertising that key. He embedded a lot of links to that website...

Back