Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Wiikly update for 12/17/07 (US)

Discussion in 'Virtual Console, WiiWare and DSIWare' started by mym6, Dec 17, 2007.

1. mym6

mym6 WiiChat Member

Cybernator (SNES®, 1 player, rated E 10+ for Everyone 10 and Older - Mild Fantasy Violence, 800 Wii Points): It is the near future. Resources are dwindling, and the major powers of the world are in dispute over territory. Pilot the Cybernator G5-E for the 95th brigade of the mechanized marines and throw yourself into the war. Get briefed before each mission to confirm your targets, and then do your best to clear each of the seven stages, freely using the suit's equipped tools and four types of weaponry. By collecting the "power chips" left by defeated enemies, it is also possible to reinforce each weapon up to a maximum of three levels. It is left to your judgment as to whether to reinforce a specific weapon or to power up all weapons simultaneously, adding a bit of strategy to the nonstop action. The powerful background music, military-like atmosphere (look for bullet marks on the walls and the strained communication during combat) and intense story development combine to give the world of Cybernator a gritty, sci-fi feel that you won't soon forget.

Alien Storm™ (Sega Genesis, 1-2 players, rated E 10+ for Everyone 10 and Older - Mild Fantasy Violence, 800 Wii Points): Shape-shifting aliens have infiltrated the city, creating chaos and panic! Fortunately, a trio of heroes called the Alien Busters has agreed to wipe out the invading creatures. The members of the team wield their own special attacks, and they unload a world of hurt on the Martian menaces from the city streets to the mother ship. Gordon, a tough guy with a bazooka, has a special gunship attack, while Karla has a flamethrower for alien crisping, though she prefers to use her special ballistic-missile attack. Finally, Slammer the robot can self-destruct at will and attacks the intruders with an electric whip and other devices. Take the aliens by storm and save your city.

Monster Lair (TurboGrafx16 CD-ROM, 1-2 players, rated E for Everyone - Mild Cartoon Violence, 800 Wii Points): Join young Adam and Laura as they embark on a fantastic adventure in this comical action/shooting game. Featuring beautiful music brought to life by the power of the CD-ROM, the game consists of 14 rounds packed with cute monster enemies. Players can either play alone as Adam (or play with a friend controlling Laura) as they battle their way through round after round. The first half of each round is the action scene, where players must avoid obstacles and pits. Use your Power Boost weapons against enemies and restore your Life Force with food as you head for the gate at the end. The second half is the exhilarating shooting scene, where players must shoot down flying enemies. Take out the boss at the end to clear the round and move to the next one.

2. wiiman14

wiiman14 Hello-Moto/Go Leafs Go!!!

Wow...
    :lol:

3. Napalmbrain

Napalmbrain WiiChat Member

Alien Storm, at long last? That game's been lingering on the ESRB list for months!

4. Conan the Librarian

hey nintentdo.......**** YOU!!!!!!!!!!

hOW CAN YOU EVEN COME UP WITH GAMES FOR MY SYSTEMS IVE NEVER HEARD OF???? Im sure cybernator was great in its time, since ive never heard of it (someone will say, im happy with these selections!! give it a try!!)

STOP GIVING US ANY TG-16!!!!!STOP IT!!! THOSE GAMES ARE QUEER!!!!!!

YEAH, people are always talking about Cybernator and Monster Lair. When I was in prison, we traded copies of these two games to stay alive......there is a huge underground folLowing for monster layer and cybernator......I gave a dude 2 copies of each, and he threw sulfuric acid in an opposing gang leaders face in the mess hall....I once saw a man shivved to death with a sharpened tooth brush, because he went in another dudes cell and was intamite with another dudes copy of monster lair.

So basicly cybernator was the generic ass game youd see at blockbuster and say "what the hell is this crap thats always available, bc no one is renting it?"

And around Christmas too, you know??? we are READY to spend some money......cmon guys!!!!! we can even gift each other games now.....and this is the fecal soufle they serve us?

Let me just add, that i was more capable of giving MYSELF a better update in the year 1988 and it would have cost me $100 dollars. Lets see, you buy Metroid, Double Dragon II, and Tecmo Bowl for about $35 a piece via mowing lawns and car washing, and I would have a blast RIGHT NOW from those games. Or I could spend $16 on total **** in the year 2007 and be pissed.....Id rather spend the $100. .....did we go back in time?!??!?!?!?!?!

This would be like our parents having a Tupperware update every week, and for like $10 they can buy that 1960's orange or green **** colored tupperware.....you know the orange or green im talking about!!!! damkn those colors........those are the colors of all of these games.......puke green and baby **** orange.

#4 Conan the Librarian, Dec 17, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2007
  5. laderer5

laderer5 Wii > Xbox360 +PS3

Wii Friend Code: 6636-1630-0874-1365
    6636-1630-0874-1365

wow......

6. Conan the Librarian

Stay warm today dude, stay warm. Its cold HERE.

7. laderer5

laderer5 Wii > Xbox360 +PS3

Wii Friend Code: 6636-1630-0874-1365
    6636-1630-0874-1365
    yes with nintendo's cold heart:mad5:

I want Smash Bros 64!

8. thedaini

thedaini Drunken Monkey

Wii Friend Code: 4103-2900-3267-1697
    4103-2900-3267-1697
    That was a good take. But now I want you to try it once more and this time, don't hold back. Really let those emotions of joy and gratitude pour out. Maybe, if you can, cry a little at the end... show the audience how happy you are. AAAAnd, ACTION!

9. Conan the Librarian

Nintendo: You want answers?

Me: I think I'm entitled.

Nintendo: You want answers?!

Me: I want the truth!

Nintendo: You can't handle the truth! Here! take Mickey Mousecapades, Populous, Dr. Chaos, Kriss Kross: Make My video, Shaqfu, Hard Drivin', and Bible Adventures!

10. samXcor3

samXcor3 the best kid!

Wii Friend Code: 3732-3369-2853-4491
    3732-3369-2853-4491
    dude i'll take mickey mouscapades !! nothin like a solid licensed platformer!! awesome.

oh yeah PS suck it up. every week cant have mario 3.

11. Napalmbrain

Napalmbrain WiiChat Member

Dude, there's nothing wrong with Mega Drive/TG-16 releases (although I'll admit, I do happen to know this week's particular TG-16 game is crap). That's just Sega and Hudson keeping their fans happy (yes, believe it or not, Hudson actually do have fans). Blame Nintendo for holding back on their own games.

Also, what the heck is wrong with Populous?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kenji510

Kenji510 WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 8193-4915-4160-2184
    8193-4915-4160-2184
    We need the "Everybodys Nintendo Channel"... thats what we all need right now and we better and hopefully we get that next week on the 24th of christmas eve!

13. SixStringedStress

SixStringedStress WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 0000-0000-0000-0000
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Why do you always post the longest rants? I can assure you, NO ONE (even at nintendo) cares. As for, "Nintendo, **** you!", really compelling argument there, Nintendo is not obligated to please you alone. You haven't the slightest idea what Nintendo has to go through involving liscensing to put games on the VC. They have their hands full as it is. Enough with the crybaby stuff already:sick: .

14. Sketch Turner

Sketch Turner 100 proof straight Sketch

In a place above a place that's below a place but
    I agree with Conan. These releases are ass. They've been ass for months now...

• Like Like x 1
  15. DBloke

DBloke The last original
    Staff Member Moderator

Wii Friend Code: 8041-7231-3447-6164
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Said it before
    Saying it again
    YOU DONT PAY TO NOT DOWN LOAD THE GAMES
    So stop complaining

16. Conan the Librarian

round and round we go

I didnt complain about Genesis /Mega drive, even though half of them are crap, i dont comment about the Genesis games because im not as much of an expert. it would be nice to get a FEW TG-16 sprinkled in now and then.....not on a regular basis

Six Stringed Dildo, everytime you ***** about me ranting, I rant back at you even longer....so why dont you just deal with the fact that Im allowed to comment on a FORUM if I want to, thats what they are for......besides they are good natured and if I hurt your feelings for making fun of those shitty games than you are a tool bag. Looking at where you live, I know nothing else is going on in your town, so you might as well read anything you can get your hands on.

edit: and your poor family probably still uses that orange and green tupperware, thats why you are mad

Populous was ok at first, but turned into one of those games that just sits in a box in your room for eternity. Play Civilization, thats whats up.

And for anyone else that wants to complain, at least what I say is semi humorous......you get on here every time and say this over and over again...."nintendo is not obligated to please you alone. You haven't the slightest idea what Nintendo has to go through involving liscensing to put games on the VC"........not only does everyone know this as it is common sense, but you are just repeating what other people have said 1000 times....It is monotonous and unoriginal, just like the VC selections.......you sound like blind retards......bahahahahah! bahahahah! little nintendo sheep.

#16 Conan the Librarian, Dec 17, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2007
  17. intr.up.td

intr.up.td Never Sleeps

hey man, i'll take sides with you any day. i agree with you on most things and yr right, forums ARE for ranting! i'm new on this forum, but i've been around the 'internet' block a few times and:

(this goes to the sensitive ones)

if ranting bothers you, than get off the internet. c'mon! it's entertainment! jeez, some people take things so personal. also, yes, nintendo is the best video game company ever, but i think acting like they're yr little brother and backing them up with such ferocity when someone expresses their opinion is lame. of course, one has every right to do that, just as i have the right to post this and conan here has every right to post what he/she wants. c'mon people, take this stuff, laugh, and then throw it over yr shoulder.

also, conan, civilization is, of course, one of the best games ever made and i think it ruined my first marriage. can't wait for the console version to come out! hopefully us civ fans won't be disappointed. what are yr thoughts???

• Like Like x 1
  18. Conan the Librarian

It didnt help mine either........some women just dont understand masterminding world domination. I think the console one will not be as good as the thrice updated Beyond the Sword for PC. Do I smell a challenge?

19. intr.up.td

intr.up.td Never Sleeps

haha. if only i had a pc! i use a mac so unfortunately i only have civ iv and warlords. oh boy, do i want "beyond"... reading about when it came out it seems it would be right up my alley. with the improved sneaking and what not. maybe once i get osx leopard and xp i'll pick up copies of all the civ's (i want the chronicles box set so bad) and start playing again. for now though its just my wii. :yesnod:

20. heymoe99

heymoe99 WiiChat Member

cold? what is it 50? 60?

cuz it's 20F here...