Wiikly update for June 11

I bought the Golden Axe 2 and Sonic 2 cause there really good games to play and one of my favorites too.

Is lode runner any good?

*wakes up from loud beeping noises from the computer*, uh what? I just fell asleep after reading the list of games that came out for VC, it's been 2 1/2 months since starfox and there hasn't been an N64 game since, is that all the N64 games they are releasing? If so, I have made a big mistake in getting the Wii, if they skip a month, no problem, but it's already the second week in the third month, they should put every game for all the other consoles aside an work on a couple N64 games

And once again I squeak 'Super Metroid'...

I'm gona start having withdrawls if they don't release that soon... :'(

Kenji510 said:
Is lode runner any good?

The original game was really good. I don't know, gameplay-wise, how good the NES version is. The graphics are goofy compared to the original.

gamechaser001 said:
*wakes up from loud beeping noises from the computer*, uh what? I just fell asleep after reading the list of games that came out for VC, it's been 2 1/2 months since starfox and there hasn't been an N64 game since, is that all the N64 games they are releasing? If so, I have made a big mistake in getting the Wii, if they skip a month, no problem, but it's already the second week in the third month, they should put every game for all the other consoles aside an work on a couple N64 games

I feel your frustration friend.

* also squeaks for Metroid and Super Metroid *

Brad Bishop said:
The original game was really good. I don't know, gameplay-wise, how good the NES version is. The graphics are goofy compared to the original.

I loved the C64 version along with the n64 one. It's really hard. I am very tempted to try out 5 bucks for the game.

*sigh* I really loved the C64. :smilewinkgrin:

crap, I forgot about the sonic mega collection, probably get it cheap at wal-mart or something, oh well I really only want sonic 2 anyways. I have a little 30 dollar thing with 6 old genesis games on it so buying sonic 1 on vc never crossed my mind.

You also get the sonic/knuckles add on as an option with sonic mega collection. You can't do that with your vc download.

Blue said:
I loved the C64 version along with the n64 one. It's really hard. I am very tempted to try out 5 bucks for the game.

I'd be interested in your thoughts if you give it a shot.

Raid on Bungling Bay (I think that's right) was another good C64 game
Miner 2049er

There's a whole list of them.

I wonder what effect all the turmoil (of late) in the Marketing and Sales department at Nintendo is having on the release schedule of these games...? You would have a hard time convincing me that there isn't at least a minimal amount of effect all of this is having on the schedule. The whole re-release of these games is for the expressed purpose of garnering dollars for long dead game titles and the people making those decisions are probably largely based in the Marketing department.

Then again, who knows... Maybe with the housecleaning, the knuckleheads behind the releases of the past four months have been marched out the door and we will start to see some more popular titles released, including some N64 titles. At the rate Nintendo is going, it will be years before we see but a fraction of the overall libary of titles once available for the N64.

-Chewie

I think it's great that they are re-releasing these games. To me it's like what if you could only buy a used-version of Monopoly from pre-1940? It's a great game and it'd be a shame if it were lost to time.

For the longest time that's the way it was in the video game world but then someone figured out there was a market for it.

In addition to that, I don't really care if the entire NES/SNES/etc. libraries get released. I'd really just like a good selection of the titles. I'd never by Toothpaste Warrior 2 for the NES Virtual Console, but it'd be nice to get the Marios in.

Blue said:

Ahhhhhh yes, the C64, I used to have 2 of them (one off a friend, one from my grandfather used for extra parts), I remember playing Kings Ransom on it (think of a game with Super Mario like coins, except, no Mario, http://www.c64gg.com/Images/K/Kings_Ransom_SE_ingame.gif) (I still remember cutting a writing notch out of an old 1 sided floppy, making it dual sided, (saved money), and copying the game on the other side), good times, good times, then my mother had thrown them away:mad5:

Oh, wait, I just remembered, I had a C128 with a mach 5 cart, I didn't have any good C128 software, so I just used the mach 5 cart to bypass the C128 OS so I could use the embedded C64 OS, was basically a C64 to me though

gamechaser001 said:
Oh, wait, I just remembered, I had a C128 with a mach 5 cart, I didn't have any good C128 software, so I just used the mach 5 cart to bypass the C128 OS so I could use the embedded C64 OS, was basically a C64 to me though

I thought the C128 had a switch or a key you'd hold down to put it into C64 mode. Actually, I'm pretty sure of it as I worked at a Commodore Store at the time. No need for a cart.

That was such a great machine.

Back