Wiikly update for October 1, 2007 (US)

mym6

WiiChat Member
Jan 26, 2007
ND USA
Super Mario Bros.™: The Lost Levels™ (NES®, 1 player, rated E for Everyone, 600 Wii Points): Originally released in Japan as Super Mario Bros.® 2, this game has previously made only brief cameo appearances in the Western Hemisphere. Now available on the Virtual Console™ in all of its original splendor, Mario fans will appreciate the familiar look and feel of the game, while finding that its updated game play creates an entirely new challenge. No longer content just to wear different-colored overalls, Mario and Luigi also possess different skill sets: Mario can stop quicker, while Luigi can jump higher. In addition to the classic enemies already known to fans worldwide, there are also Poison Mushrooms, backward Warp Zones, and the occasional wind gust (which can help or hinder your progress) to take into account. And if that's somehow not enough, expert players can go looking for the game's secret worlds. So get ready to put your Mario skills to the ultimate test, and save the Princess again. Just don't be surprised if she's in another castle.

Sin & Punishment™ (Nintendo 64, 1-2 players, rated T for Teen – Blood, Fantasy Violence, Mild Language, 1,200 Wii Points): Created by the legendary development studio Treasure, this is a game that hard-core gamers and fans of Japanese imports recognize as one of the finest Nintendo 64 titles to have never previously reached North American shores. Its unique combination of English voice-overs with Japanese subtitles (preserved in this version) has only added to the enthusiasm for its eventual release here. Experience the frenetic pace of a classic shooter, while choosing from a variety of options and a number of different skill levels until you are ready to take on the full-blown challenge of Turbo Hard mode. Not to be outdone by the action, however, the intriguing story line gives the game its soul and draws you even further into the mix. Set in the near future, on an overpopulated Earth starved for resources, players uncover the intriguing mystery of two teenagers (Saki and Airan) and their battle against the Ruffians as they advance through level after level of nonstop action. Take a deep breath, gather your energy and prepare to see why this game is so highly praised.

Lost Levels is a bit of a surprise for me. For anyone not familiar, Lost Levels is the REAL Super Marios Bros 2 which was only released in Japan. Nintendo thought Americans would find the game too hard, so the US SMB2 was actually a modified version of Doki Doki Panic.

supanova said:
How hard is it anyway?

Download it and find out. I've never played it enough to finish it myself, so I might download it.

Ive played it for 2 seconds on ALl-Stars, and man, it did seem very hard.....but hey, we have the ability to save the game state with the wii, so we have an advantage.

I'll take it.

YESTERDAY I was at the sub shop, waiting for my food, and playing their SMB arcade machine, thinking, "boy, if SMB was always this tough, then imagine the later levels of SMB2".....The arcade software throws little things at you to mess you up since you are familiar with the home game, like a flying koopa where you dont expect him, to nock you into the pit. It will be an accomplishment to beat SMB2......

i dont see them in my wiishop channel yet..maybe there still is hope for an update lol (yea right)

I would bet there are a lot of people who play games today who think they're really good but would complain Lost Levels is too difficult. From the little bit I played, Lost Levels is tough. For the most part, unlike the original SMB, you can't just run and jump. The levels are designed so that if you do things will be in your way.

Wait, you guys get Lost Levels forever and we get the limited-time only BS? As if we needed any more proof that Nintendo hates PAL gamers. :mad5:

Ah well, I recommend you guys get Sin and Punishment. It has its flaws and it's pricey, but it's loads of fun.

Jay588 said:
i dont see them in my wiishop channel yet..maybe there still is hope for an update lol (yea right)

Games aren't released until later in the day, I think it's 10am PST so it'd be noon central time.

I love the lost levels its so fun but I could never beat it with mario. I hate how he doesnt jump that high. Im going to download it later tonight :D

I'm a little ticked off they want $12 for a N64 import.

Back