WiiMail stopped working...

Drellis

WTYW
Dec 13, 2006
So I registered my online email account (gmail) with my Wii. Everything worked fine back and forth for a few days. I even sent photos to my Wii. However, now it won't recieve mail, at all. I can send to my Gmail just fine. The Wii won't recieve. What do you think the problem is? I doubt highly that it is the network. I have four computers with various OS's, and three other consoles on my home network. Every other online feature of the Wii works fast and smooth. But it suddenly stopped recieving mail.

btw, Hello all! First post here. I have found this forum to be very useful in the last few weeks!

Last edited:
I don't think that Nintendo have sorted out their mail servers yet. I'm still trying to find out whether they use POP3 or IMAP. I reckon they're still fiddling, or perhaps the servers aren't reliable yet! Hopefully through time, the issues will get resolved.

I know for a fact I can only receive from hotmail and Gmail so far, not found any other service providers that can send to the Wii yet.

motherbrainrulez said:
hi, i cant answer your question but would like to ask you one.
how do i find out my wii email adrees?

Check out the Online FAQ:
(Friend code is your wii mail address as well w****************@wii.com)
Q: How do I find my friend code, and how do I add someone else's?
A: To find your own friend code, go to the main Wii Channels menu, then click the envelope in the lower right-hand corner. Next, click the "new message" button (the page icon in the lower left). Once you are there, click the address book (on the far right). Your friend code is displayed on the front cover. If you already have codes entered, press the - button on the Wiimote to flip back. To add someone's friend code, while in the address book, click "register" in the lower right. You can then choose to add either a Wii friend code or an email address.

Lame... Ah, well... Just have to wait it out. I'm going through slot illum. withdrawls as well...

Yea it worked extremely well for a week or so. Send and recieve. And it recieved photos just fine... Now it will still send out just fine. But it won't recieve anymore. And I get no daemon errors or returns.

Back