Wiimote Aiming Off?

Sovieto

Banned
Aug 6, 2006
Point your wiimote at the center of the screen and the cursor isnt even there? This is because........you dont aim at your TV! That thing called the "sensor bar" dose just that! SENSE! You really aim at that. You are not suppose to be able to aim at the center of the TV and have yout cursor there. This just goes out to all the people who feel they are having this "problem"

:crazy:

um, no. the senor bar is supposed to track your wii-motes movements and correctly place the pointer on the screen where you are pointing to. nintendo would be very dumb if they made you point at the ceiling for the curser on screen to be at the top of the TV. the problem is the sensor bar doesnt take into consideration the hight of the TV. in LoZ:TP, you can configure the pointer a little bit and for me it is almost dead on where i point at on my tv while im playing zelda

HOMEsplice said:
Good theroy, but, i don't think so. I think the Wii has issuses. Still want one though.

you think the wii has issues, but you dont have one ? wow....

Thats like saying [insert movie] has issues, but you have yet to see it.

iv been trying to get one dispite what iv heard about the MINOR problems. Of coase the wii still revolutionises the way games are played. I also belive that no console will be perfict at launch. you don't have to bite my head off because i heard of some minor problems.

Last edited:
One time my controller just stoped working all together!
I restated it, put in brand new batteries, and even pointed it at the sensor bar directly!
One day it just started to work again........WTF......well at least its working again though!

mine was jittery for a tad, but i moved the light that was next to the tv, and it worked fine. oops.

:tard:

Sovieto said:
Point your wiimote at the center of the screen and the cursor isnt even there? This is because........you dont aim at your TV! That thing called the "sensor bar" dose just that! SENSE! You really aim at that. You are not suppose to be able to aim at the center of the TV and have yout cursor there. This just goes out to all the people who feel they are having this "problem"

:crazy:

This is correct, the wiimote is just a fixed camera and it has to "see" the sensor bar LEDs. If you placed the bar in the center of your screen and adjusted sensitivity it might come close to placing the cursor where you were pointing, but since you have to place it above or below to get it out the way, it will be off a bit. I added the comment about it being fixed because, if you could rotate the little camera in the wiimote, you could get it much closer to lining up the cursor with the aim on the screen. The problem with this approach is that twisting the wiimote would screw things up!

Back