wiimote being eratic

spudman

wii is here
Jan 7, 2007
Sorry if this is allready posted but i used search and nothing usefull came up, my wiimote has out of the blue started to be eratic and the pointer on the wiimote is shooting all over the place even whe the wiimote is still.... i havent done anything to the sensor bar... or the wiimote tried re-synching it but nothing :cryin:

any suggestions are welcome

Any change in your lighting setting up in the room where your wii is. I know that some lights will really screw with the pointer. For example over Christmas our tree was near the Wii and I had to turn off the lights to use the Wii accurately. Just a thought.

umm i dont think so i mean ti moved butt hat was like a week ago and has worked fine every other day....

Your problem is room lighting, shut off all your lights and close all blinds and drapes, if you have closable shutters, that might help too, the Wii-mote just looks for light, it will use any light thinking it's a sensor bar, for a while, I never used a sensor bar, I just used the lights in my celing

It's not that I think it's room lighting, I know, that IS your problem, I know for a fact that is your problem

gamechaser001 said:
Your problem is room lighting, shut off all your lights and close all blinds and drapes, if you have closable shutters, that might help too, the Wii-mote just looks for light, it will use any light thinking it's a sensor bar, for a while, I never used a sensor bar, I just used the lights in my celing

It's not that I think it's room lighting, I know, that IS your problem, I know for a fact that is your problem

The Wiimote doesn't just look for any light. It looks for infrared light not visible light. But many lights that put off visible light also puts out infrared light so thats why that happens.

paintba||er said:

The Wiimote doesn't just look for any light. It looks for infrared light not visible light. But many lights that put off visible light also puts out infrared light so thats why that happens.
i'm pretty sure all sources of light will work, all sources of light I tried out worked, and i'm not saying it works on visable light, i'm saying it works on all sources of light, visible or invisible (IR) light, basically all the Wii-mote's sensor is is a camera looking for a source of light, you can try it out with an everyday video camera, a digital camera, or a film camera if you are willing to wait to develop the film, IR light will show up in the camera

Back