Wiimote cusor a bit skippy

x0adam0x

WiiChat Member
Feb 5, 2007
Having this problem where the cusor on the screen is very skippy when ever it is moved. We have tried placing the sensor bar at the top or the bottom of the T.V and nothing has worked. We also did the resync and no luck.

By the way is there a good distance for how high the sensor bar has to be?

Turn off all the lights in the room and see if it still jumps around. If it doesn't then there is some light-source in your room that is causing interference; this can sometimes be tuned using the options menu (Wiimote sensitivity).

ya, like they said its either cuz you are too far from the tv or too close. also heat sources, such as a laptop or something, might interfere with the signal and make it shaky

Also, make sure that the Wii settings properly reflect which side of the TV the sensor bar is on. If you have the bar on top with the Wii set to bottom (or vice versa) the cursor will skip around.

if ur at a steep angle from the sensor bar then ull have problems.
Dont ask how but i used 2 have this problem n i found out it was that my sensor bar was upside down '____'

the wiimote emits a certain amount of BTU's (British Thermal Unit so we know we're talking about heat) which are picked up by the sensor bar so anything from a cigarette, lighter, lamp/light, will emit the same thermal energy picked up by the sensor. either make sure the lights are out or get bulbs that don't cause this kind of interference, or quit smoking. either one :p

Mine skipped, I turned up the sensitivity to full, works perfect now. Does anyone know the down side of having the sensitivity full?-it doesn't seem to do anything but remove the choppyness.

Back