Wiimote Directional Buttons Clicking

Tim

Twilight Prince
Aug 20, 2006
Wii Online Code
3318-2319-1892-3592
When I press the directional buttons on the Wiimote, they are making a really annoying clicking noise! Is it supposed to do it? If not, shall I send it back? :mad5: You can listen to the sound at http://rapidshare.com/files/6912526/wiimote_click.wav.html

When I got it on Friday, it wasn't doing it (or at least I didn't notice if it was).

It does it no matter how hard you press it. I haven't been mashing it anything - I've barely used it. I just used it a little in bowling and for some weapon swapping in Zelda.

Well there is really no other explanation. Unless you have magic gnomes who sneak into your room, I don't see how else they would go from not being messed up, to being messed up.

How could just pressing buttons make this happen though?

It has gone for now (although it sometimes does go while I'm playing). I blew into it, so maybe it's done some good :p

Good chance something just got sticky in there - something from your hands, a spill, etc. When my video game controllers do this, I take a q-tip dipped in a small amount of rubbing alcohol and try to clean around the edges of the button or directional pad. Usually does the trick.

Back