Wiimote disconnects When starting game

wolfmanp

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
Hey Everyone, just got my wii today and am having issues with it. Basically my wiimote works fine when adjsuting settings in the wii console, it works perfectly it registers tilting and turning and everything. I've gone through all the wii's initial menu's and set the time and named the console, etc.

The problem is as soon as I start wii sports or go into the mii thing or the photo area. Basically anything that causes the screen to go black before transitioning into game play my wiimote disconnects and I can't reconnect until I reset and go to the start screen, anyone else seen this or know a fix, i've tried everything.

Yeah, tried that. I've tried everything, including reformattign the entire thing. Do you think the firmware updates solve this? I'm at my parents and they don't have wifi, argh this is frustrating.

Surprisngly Nintendo does have superior customer service and people over the other line to help you out.

tried changing your Wiimote batteries?

as your WIIMOTE is causing problems... try resyncing your wiimote...

your problem seems to lie there... so playing around with the wii may not help... it would be same as going oh... my TV doesnt work in the living room... I'll try turning on the TV in the bedroom...

Ok, I finnaly got into the game!!!

I figured it out, it seems that the wiimote loses connection to the console for a couple seconds while it transitions to game mode. This causes the wiimote to disconnect. I figured a hack around this is as soon as you press "start game" with the wiimote you press the sync button on the bottom of the wiimote. This fools the wiimote into going into scan mode while the game boots. You then press the sync button on the console a couple seconds later after the game has loaded. It works like a charm even though its a pain in the ass.

I'm sure this is fixable by the firmware updates, just needs some sort of wait built in but until I get internet access for my wii I'll be using this hack method, hopefully this helps others with the same problem.

Hi!

I know that this thread is very old but I'm having this problem.

Do anyone knows what causes this problem?

Thanks

Back