Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

wiimote failed after update

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Chat' started by dundee, Dec 21, 2006.

1. dundee

dundee WiiChat Member

Hi Guys.

I got my wii almost 2 weeks ago and everything has been fine until i connected to the internet. Got forecast and everything working fine, then it downloaded updates. After it installed the updates and rebooted, the remote stopped working. When i press a button, all 4 buttons flash blue then go off. I have tried new batteries and no change.

Also tried re-synching using the sync buttons, still get the flashing lights.

Anyone seen this before?

Thanks in advance! :)

2. emanjackpot

emanjackpot WiiChat Member

happened to me too when i was trying to turn it on with my wii remote. i resynched n everything but it didnt work. but i just held the wii remote and pointed it to the sensor bar and it turned on the system. might be just luck though. try it.

3. intekmdma

intekmdma Add me and i'll add you!

Wii Friend Code: 0938-8888-9063-3805
    0938-8888-9063-3805
    try manually powering down your wii. (unplug it from the wall)

4. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Certified Public Asshole

Wii Friend Code: 1130-2954-1680-3052
    1130-2954-1680-3052
    After you do that, go to where the SD slot is at, there should be a red button there. Power up the Wii and press that red button and hold for 30-45 seconds. Afterward do the same thing by pressing your synch button on the remote.

5. dundee

dundee WiiChat Member

Hi guys. Thanks for the quick replies. Have it sorted now, was sweating there for a bit!

There's no availability in the uk so i was dreading having to return it. I had tried resetting the wiimote already (nintendo recommend pressing the sync button for 15 seconds) but that never worked. Tried leaving the wii unplugged for a few minutes and the battery out of the wiimote, that never helped either!

45 seconds of holding the sync button, followed by 3 attempts at pressing the wiimote sync button and the console sync button solved.

6. sheppy124

sheppy124 WiiChat Member

Seems a common thing, also happened to me as well, went through 3 sets of batts before thinking about unplugging and resyncing

7. guitargeek77

guitargeek77 WiiChat Member

I had the same problem. The key is unplugging the Wii before you do the remote sync. If you don't, the remote will still not work. Mine is back up and running. By the way, the Wii rocks!! I'm 29 and this is the first Nintendo system I have had since the SNES. I think it revolutionizes gaming..My 2 cents.

8. intekmdma

intekmdma Add me and i'll add you!

Wii Friend Code: 0938-8888-9063-3805
    0938-8888-9063-3805
    yup this is the answer. someone needs to make an FAQ with this info in it.:wink:

9. tuned

tuned 11.19.06

Yeah, in the hardware issues thread someone else posted this and so did I... but I didn't bother holding the sync buttons for that long, I just restarted the system.