Wiimote finder

raynimator

WiiChat Member
Sep 23, 2007
Ok so im searching all over my place for my missing wiimote (I get pretty absent minded while cleaning, especially after a long day at work) and through my ranting a pretty interesting idea popped in my head. I wish nintendo would put out a small piece of software that would engage all working remotes and make an alarm go off in the speaker till located or until you turn it off. Would save me the hassle of having to search for the millionth time. What are your thoughts?

well theres no point, i mean people don't really lose their xbox 360 ore ps3 wireless controllers, and it would have to be alot louder than what the controller speaker can handle.

good luck finding your wiimote.

usually i would say that the function isn't needed. however this past weekend friends of mine were over and i haven't seen one of my wiimotes since. i'm pretty convinced that it slipped through a wormhole. if they weren't my best friends i would just think they stole it but since i know that that isn't a possibility i think a worm hole is the only real explination... though i'm not sure the speaker beeping would help me find it if i did in fact slip through a tear in space/time but if that didn't happen this feature would most definitely come in handy. and i can't imagine it being overly difficult for them to make it happen.

kyle

dark samus said:
well theres no point, i mean people don't really lose their xbox 360 ore ps3 wireless controllers, and it would have to be alot louder than what the controller speaker can handle.

good luck finding your wiimote.

Well I dont understand where your getting at with the xbox and ps comment but as for the loudness. How loud can that speaker actually get? But even the loudest sound ive heard yet come out of that controller would be good enough. I dont need something to hear half way across the house. I just need something to tell me im in the right direction. Even the faintest sound is enough to help when your desperate. Thanks for the luck though...I need it.

they can probably implement it in an update, it doesnt sound expensive and is probably really easy to program(like when you reconnect controllers the speaker makes a sound)..good idea

I agree, it would be useful. I really like the intercom on my cordless phone, if it worked in a similar way for the Wii Remotes it would be great.

Yeah, except you need someone else to listen for it right?

that wouldn't work for several reasons:
1. the controller must be synced to the wii. if its not synced it will not recieve the signal
2. the battery would run out because the wiimote would be constantly listening for the signal to make it beep
3. the speaker isn't that loud
4. the bluetooth range on the wii isnt that far...

so.. uhh... i dunno...

I think using a rechargeable battery pack would overcome the battery dying issue. Just like your cordless. When you're not using it you put it on the charger (except in this case). There's a small charge being used to keep it listening like a cordless in which case it could stay synced. I'm not sure what the range is on the wiimotes. I'm sure they could fix that. The only prob I see is the speaker. If they made a super-powerfull one that could be heard it could blast your head off when playing.

smyth said:
usually i would say that the function isn't needed. however this past weekend friends of mine were over and i haven't seen one of my wiimotes since. i'm pretty convinced that it slipped through a wormhole. if they weren't my best friends i would just think they stole it but since i know that that isn't a possibility i think a worm hole is the only real explination... though i'm not sure the speaker beeping would help me find it if i did in fact slip through a tear in space/time but if that didn't happen this feature would most definitely come in handy. and i can't imagine it being overly difficult for them to make it happen.

kyle

maybe one of your friends put it in their pocket and forgot about it and took it home. my friend did that with my phone once, like my house phone.

i asked them and they said they don't think so, they're going to double check but they both currently live in maryland and i'm in new jersey. if i had people over often i'd care more but it isn't worth going nuts about it when most of what i play is just me.
3 hour drive just isn't worth it, if they do end up having it i'll just grab it when i go down there next.

You dont know how many times I wish I had one of those on everything. EVERYTHING.

iOwnage said:
You dont know how many times I wish I had one of those on everything. EVERYTHING.

same here... keys, wallet, remotes, my dog, my car... especially my car.

kyle

Back