wiimote flying into tvs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do9ey said:
its a problem, too say the least.

Has any one heard the stories about the wiimote flying into tvs and through windows?

Are they true?

someone tell me!!

yes they are true, stupid people or kids swinging too hard/letting go, not wearing strap/strap breaks.

i have herd of them but i dont think they are true but i could understand if u smack the person next to in the face

That's an incredibly ignorant and unrealistic comment to make, wii17.

I haven't yet had a problem with my wiimote but blaming stupid kids for not correctly attaching their straps correctly is grossly inaccurate and only proves to illustrate your immaturity. Nintendo themselves have admitted to a design fault through a weakness in the cord connecting the wiimote and the wrist strap and have issued a recall so as a stronger strap can be replaced.

Straps break, people swing too hard or lose track of their location in the room and sometimes hit an object, but blaming it on their stupidity is ironic considering your remarks. I would presume some people have broken objects as a result of their stupidity but that is not the sole reason, nor, likely the most probable reason. The most frequent reason for a break is because of a snap in the cord, or through hitting an object.

Don't make uneducated posts designed to mislead people in the future.

In response to the original poster: www.wiihaveaproblem.com illustrates some of the varying difficulties people are having overcoming the area they need in which to move to play the wii.

If the chord is snapping, I can only guess people are actually letting go of / throwing the damn wiimote. This is something I just can't yet comprehend. I do not use the strap and haven't since I bought my Wii upon release. I have never even come CLOSE to throwing my wiimote as I just HOLD ONTO IT. Even after 6 straight hours of playing Wii Sports Bowling, nope my TV and other household objects are still intact.

I did however smack my friend a few times when we were playing baseball.

i said stupid people or kids, most of this happens because of that sole reason

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/wii/clips-the-wiigasm-218961.php people like this break things

it was not uneducated nintendo just replaced straps to avoid people complaining. people let go and then go hmm i just broke my window i think i'll blame nintendo.

think of how hard the remote would have to hit a window/tv to smash it... try it my window had a soccer ball full pelt kicked into it and didnt break i think if i let go during a reasonable swing my remote wouldnt even reach the window or tv i'd have to throw it damn hard to smash it

e.g. http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/clips/clips-wii-remote-strap-breaking-217120.php setup!!!!

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/wii/wii-remote-blows-out-window-217322.php

http://www.kotaku.com/search/wii strap

I'm not going to diverge from the topic to give you a physics lesson, but a soccer ball has a far less likely hood of breaking a window than a wiimote.

Also, if you would read wiihaveaproblem.com you will see multiple instances where pictures are shown of the cords broken, or unattached.

I also don't think nintendo are going to waste their time and money replacing many wiimote straps because they want to avoid people complaining, it's because they didn't make them strong enough initially and left themselves open to law suits and legal action..

This is going to sound hypocritical, but i wouldn't use a gaming blog as such strong evidence in the future. The only reason I'm using wiihaveaproblem.com is because it has MANY cases of broken straps, and it has images.

kicks much harder than a throw mate, buy a wiimote and kick it into your window and it probably wont smash, it all comes down to sensibility. how the F*** can you let go unless you play like a moron? tennis rackets golf clubs and baseball bats dont come with straps a freakin wiimote shouldnt need em.

Most of the stories are true but im sure a few of the videos you see on youtube might be fake, all i can say is stupid things happen to stupid people

No Smoking said:
Most of the stories are true but im sure a few of the videos you see on youtube might be fake, all i can say is stupid things happen to stupid people
thankyou another person who agrees with me, atleast your smart enough not to let go lol.

i sigh @ people who worry about breaking their tv's and what not
i sigh @ people who back up the fools who do these dumb things

if i let go of the wiimote, and it breaks my TV.. i don't blame nintendo, i punch myself in the face. its my fault.

no physics or w/e needs to be in this discussion. these fools have let go of the wiimote, and looks whats happend. if you hold the wiimote correctly, its actualy hard for it to slip out even with sweaty hands.. i tried it out.

not only that, but people are swinging it too hard. i aint saying thats a bad thing, but swing it hard = be more catious of what can happen. people aren't realising this..

wii.ndi said:
i sigh @ people who worry about breaking their tv's and what not
i sigh @ people who back up the fools who do these dumb things

if i let go of the wiimote, and it breaks my TV.. i don't blame nintendo, i punch myself in the face. its my fault.

no physics or w/e needs to be in this discussion. these fools have let go of the wiimote, and looks whats happend. if you hold the wiimote correctly, its actualy hard for it to slip out even with sweaty hands.. i tried it out.

not only that, but people are swinging it too hard. i aint saying thats a bad thing, but swing it hard = be more catious of what can happen. people aren't realising this..

i totally agree thank F*** sensible people outnumber wiitards

Last edited:
seriously you have to be really really stupid to actually let go of the wiimote...there is for sure no games that you have to let go of the controller at any time while playing...and if your not using your strap(even tho you dont need them) they tell you to attach it to your wrist before u start every game. even if the strap broke why is it leaving your hand at 20mph any way? are these people friggin stupid or what. :frown2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back