wiimote found by my pc

anyways... im messing with it more, now its recognized it as a game joystick, can't calibrate it though, obviously... nothing happens if i use it in city of heroes... I wonder if there is a way to access the internal memory of it?

Last edited:
Check out WiiLi.com. They're making Linux for the Wii but they are using (or at least attempting) to use the Wiimote on a computer for testing. Not sure if they've done it or not but they are trying to at least.

There are already drivers being developed for it (wiimote) for use on OSX.

I'm looking forward to trying it on my Macbook.

xbandaidx said:
There are already drivers being developed for it (wiimote) for use on OSX.

I'm looking forward to trying it on my Macbook.
SWEET!! I'm getting ready to switch to mac. It would be even better if you could use it as a mouse, or better yet, more than one mouse (like on the Wii).

If computers were cars a windows based PC would be a car that every hundred miles or so it will just stop... Then you would have to turn off the engine, roll down all the windows and re-start it in order to get it going again...
An Apple Mac car would run like a dream - never have any problems - except it would only work on about 5% of roads.

Don't get me started on mac vs. pc issues. All I have to say, is that Intel macs can dual boot OSX and XP, making it the best computer to have, without question. There is no reason not to buy a mac now if you can afford it. As well, that argument against macs is now moot, just like the 1-button mouse issue, which hasn't been an issue for years, yet people still bring it up as though it makes them sound clever.

As for the Wiimote being detected by PC and drivers for it for OSX... that is awesome. Never heard of this before. Hope they can do something with it.

Back