Wiimote imports - Will it work?

Sovieto said:
No! The question is will japanese imported wiimotes work in america, then you could import american wiimotes that were imported from japan so it would be way cheaper...except for the whole importing part. would it say Wii in japanese on the remote? hopefully not =D

ermmm.... i believe wii is japanese, even if it isn't, it Wii is a name of a product, therefore wouldn't change unless they released different names like sega master system and sega genesis

and the warnings on back of controller would probably be in japanese, and possibly ABXY, start etc.

I don't think so cause i think that nintendo would have put something in the remote that doesn't allow you to use it in other countries....or something.

sorry to bump this thread but i am also very interested in importing myself a few controllers form japan.

for a set here in NZ i will pay apporox $150NZD and i can order them in for $90-100 NZD from overseas.

if anyone has any news on this then that would be appreciated.

Or just buy Wii Play for Wiimotes, extra fiver and get 9 games too, and if you want more then one Wiimote, buy say 2-3 Wii Plays, take the Wiimotes, then sell the game itself on eBay. Probably save yourself some moola

canada...the wiimote is 44.95...nunchuck is 24.95

usa....the wiimote is 39.95... nunchuck is 19.95

(i bought an extra wiimote and nunchuck in the usa..basically saves
the 14% tax us ontario(canada) people!)

Back