Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Wiimote is broke help!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Hardware' started by Thecry4, Nov 23, 2006.

1. Thecry4

Thecry4 WiiChat Member

OK, my wiimote quit working, i see the cursor that works fine .. but when playing anygame .. it doesnt move if you know what i mean like it doesnt swing. wtf is wrong?

2. vagrant

vagrant ₪ ۩ ₪

Wii Friend Code: 8573-5327-9660-0097
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    mabe you are in a location that doesnt let you use your weapon, if you are playing that type of game that is.

3. Thecry4

Thecry4 WiiChat Member

Nooo as like nothing will work .. it wont move
    like Zelda .. wont swing sword .. tennis wont hit ball .. and no matter where i stand i cant even get it to move a mm, it just wont work but the cursor does. i dont understand why

4. registerednerd

registerednerd Wii online moderator

It's possible that the motion sensors broke, but the IR reciever still works for the pointer. It makes sense that they would use separate systems.

5. Joe

Joe Banned

Wii Friend Code: 5856-5939-3035-0479
    5856-5939-3035-0479
    hmmmmm thats very stange....
    Maybe you should get another Wii mote

6. art

art WiiChat Member

flat batteries?

7. jlspec

jlspec WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 6920-9646-7256-3871
    6920-9646-7256-3871
    Just go back to the store where you got your wii and get a replacement/credit. Or take the long route and call nintendo.

8. Mansfield Hot

Mansfield Hot WiiChat Member

Just buy a new Wiimote. It's an excuse to go buy more Wii accessories.

9. Avais100

Avais100 WiiChat Member

have you got a mirror in your room facing the sesor bar?

10. teh frog

teh frog rep me if u like vitamins

Wii Friend Code: 0803-2242-9556-7115
    0803-2242-9556-7115
    1. try new batteries. 2.get a new wiimote 3. call nintendo (not roccomended l ol)

11. Thecry4

Thecry4 WiiChat Member

Nothing so far has been the problem, not a mirror, not the batteries, and just wondering do you think i can just return the wiimote even though it came with the system or would i have to return the whole thing together?

12. Avais100

Avais100 WiiChat Member

i think y can return the wiimote but does it work good with the menus ad stuff?

13. essence1982

essence1982 WiiChat Member

I am so sad I am having the same problem. The cursor works fine on the menu, but as soon as I try to play the game it does not respond. Is there a way of fixing this? Please help!

14. vagrant

vagrant ₪ ۩ ₪

Wii Friend Code: 8573-5327-9660-0097
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    I would try to resynch it.

There has to be more to the story like dropping it hard or something. Because it takes a lot to completely ruin the motion sensors inside.

15. gong

gong WiiChat Member

just registered to say that I'm having the same problem. The pointer works fine, the buttons work fine - it seems that the accelerometer/motion sensor inside has stopped working completely. I can navigate menus and aim, but it won't recognize any kind of gesture, making it impossible to play most games.

Tennis, gestures in Marvel, swinging the sword in Zelda - none of these things work. Hopefully something can be done short of returning it.

16. santana6616

santana6616 WiiChat Member

Plug it in again, stand alot further back, don't place near magnetic items such as speakers, because that would interfere with the signal. If it conitues to be disfunctional, post again

17. hiimaewok

hiimaewok WiiChat Member

18. gong

gong WiiChat Member

yeah, it definitely still doesn't work. I've changed the batteries, resynced multiple times, I even had a friend bring their Wii over so I could try syncing the remote to a different console. No luck with that either. It's definitely a busted/damaged/out of alignment accelerometer.. the big question is if there's anything I can do about it short of sending it back. Does it void the warranty to open up a controller and take a look inside?

19. king_vidiot

king_vidiot WiiChat Member

I am experiencing the same issue also. Sat in line for 3 hours at the local electronics store to secure a Wii this weekend. I brought it home and enjoyed a nearly 2 hour session of Wii Sports and during a boxing match we noticed the right hand (wii-mote) was stuck way up in the upper-right-hand corner and wouldn't respond to movements of the wii-mote.

What a buzz-kill. The cursor works fine but the motion-detection is dead. We didn't bump it on any hard surfaces or anything to that effect. Really disappointing. If anyone figures out a method of fixing this outside of popping it open and tweaking things let us know. I've tried:

1. New batteries
    2. Re-sync (syncs and cursor works just fine)
    3. turning the controller upside down (cursor flips like it should)
    4. setting the remote on a flat surface for a bit (really not sure what the heck that is suppose to do but hell, I tried it)

Help!!!

#19 king_vidiot, Nov 27, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2006
  20. gong

gong WiiChat Member

Apparently this is not an uncommon thing with the stock Wiimotes. You can call Nintendo and do what they call an "advance return", where you give them your credit card info as collateral. They'll mail you a box containing a new Wiimote, along with a return label for your old Wiimote. You send them the busted one (put it in the box, slap on the return label and drop it off at UPS, you don't have to pay shipping), and they credit the charge back to your card when they receive your old remote.

Otherwise you have to wait for your busted Wiimote to be mailed to them, then they test it, then they mail you a new one (turnaround is supposed to be like 1 week for this). Technically you could just return the remote at the store you bought it from.. but they all seem to sell out of remotes as soon as they come in, so good luck finding a store with some extras around. I'm taking the nintendo route.