WiiMote - Is It Really Revolutionary?

Griever said:
I have to admit that if they did strap it to your foot I would definately play it. Although, personally, I would need something to know where I am kicking the ball so I can put spin on and things... xD

Well that's what toe buttons are for.. :lol:

EDIT*
Oops Sorry For double post.. Don't hurt me:scared:

Well maybe I will post a thing on hitler in another thread.
But fair enough I see what your saying, what is revolutionary in your eyes though?
Also not all games will use the wiimote..as far as I can remember you may need to use the gamecube controller to play Brawl. When I said down the road I meant that maybe down the road more games will need to use the gamecube controller as well..along with other games using the wiimote.

SSBB is a perfect example of a game which would just be chaotic if you tried using the WiiMote for it. I just can't see it working. It's a good job that the GC controller is compatible which, tbh, I completely forgot was an option for non-GC games...

Anyway; to me something revolutionary is something completely new and unheard of. The WiiMote fits into neither of those categories and so I don't consider it revolutionary.

Griever said:
SSBB is a perfect example of a game which would just be chaotic if you tried using the WiiMote for it. I just can't see it working. It's a good job that the GC controller is compatible which, tbh, I completely forgot was an option for non-GC games...

Anyway; to me something revolutionary is something completely new and unheard of. The WiiMote fits into neither of those categories and so I don't consider it revolutionary.
lol new and unheard of... um last time i checked there wernt any other console controllers anything like the wii, sure there has been some arcade style things similar, and light guns may be similar but come on mate! sorry i dont have the time but if someone could find a picture of everyhting he posted that was technically the same and put them beside a pic of a wiimote wi think we'll prove our point :ciappa:

You talk as if the Wii is the only console with a gimmick. What about the Xbox 360 with the whole Xbox Live crap. Is that not a gimmick? The PS3 sixaxis (which imo they totally ripped off Nintendo)?[/short rant]

Well heres most of the controllers
PC_USB_Dance_Mat_Deluxe.jpg

Xbox_Light_Gun.jpg

gc-controller.jpg

controller_s1.jpg

ps2-controller.gif

c64-mod-had.jpg

and heres the Wiimote
wiimote.jpg

as you can see its obviously the same as everything else so yeah id say its not revolutionary at all :crazy: :wtf:
*sarcasm*
nuff said.

Amen,

Again I don't see how the wiimote is not revolutionary.
And not to mention many video game reviews and video game review shows, all say the wii has taken a "revolutionary leap in gaming". So if it really wasn't revolutionary then why aren't they saying what you are.

And not to mention many video game reviews and video game review shows, all say the wii has taken a "revolutionary leap in gaming". So if it really wasn't revolutionary then why aren't they saying what you are.
Simple; because they're wrong and I'm right? Or maybe it's because of this thing called individuality? Or maybe it's because of a tonne of other reasons. If you believe everything the press tells you without questioning it then have fun living like that, it's just not my style.

@ Almo:
If you're just gonna take it through by looking at those pictures then the dancemat/lightgun/keyboard are a lot more revolutionary since they are a lot more different to a normal control-pad than the WiiMote is. Or can't you see that?

According to you this is revolutionary, too, just because it looks different;

41YP7ZHNDKL._SS400_.jpg

The WiiMote looks more or less like many other control-pads - especially when you turn it on it's side;

NESToWiiIn3EasySteps.png

So; since the design isn't revolutionary, wireless control pads are not revolutionary (Wavebird/PS2 Wireless Pads/X-Box Wireless Pads) and the concept of a motion sensor is not revolutionary then the WiiMote isn't either.

Although, on the other hand, I think I just proved evolution <3

(Note the title of the thread: WiiMOTE not Wii...)

I wouldn't say its too revolutionary.
I was using a "motion sensing" remote to play PC games many years ago ( I think maybe 6-7 years ago), it was made by Microsoft and you could tip it forward or back and side to side to control your vehicle. It just wasn't wireless.

LINK

From the manufacturer
Ready for something revolutionary? How about a game controller that enables you to control the game activity by simply tilting it in the direction you want to move. Nothing controls movement within today's 3-D action games better than the fluid motion of the SideWinder Freestyle Pro. Sit, stand, weave, and bob your way to victory - the SideWinder Freestyle Pro translates your body English into game movements for the ultimate immersive experience

Griever said:
Some gaming styles, such as Sports, are going to find it hard to use the WiiMote properly.
Yes that's right, he said it.

The Wiimote is not a revolutionary device. It revolutionises the way we play games.

PS. Your evolution point is well, pointless. The Wiimote does not revolutionise games because of its button layout. It revolutionises with its Motion Sensing. It has NEVER, been implemented so seamlessly, cheaply and accessibly.

Last edited:
PS. Your evolution point is well, pointless. The Wiimote does not revolutionise games because of its button layout. It revolutionises with its Motion Sensing. It has NEVER, been implemented so seamlessly, cheaply and accessibly.
The picture was there because someone else used pictures as a way of showing the difference. If you don't know how to take something in it's proper context then don't try to get in on the argument about it, okay?

As for Sports - Wii Sports was good but you do realise not all sports are so kind to the WiiMote, right..? Why do you think those five sports were picked instead of more popular sports..? Track events, football, swimming events and cycling are all sports infinately more popular than any of the five sports presented on Wii Sports and it is sports like this I was referring to.

Again, though, if you don't understand context then don't get into the argument to start with. It's a sure way to lose.

The Wiimote is not a revolutionary device. It revolutionises the way we play games.
My whole point is that it isn't a revolutionary device :yesnod:

I agree, but also disagree (no fanboy here)

I'd still like to know which games you keep referring to on the C64 (other than light gun games as that was not motion sensor controlled, just an infra red beam) :shocked:

Secondly, I agree it is not revolutionary, but using the new cancer treatment as my example, radiation, surgery. Someone then realised to do them together instead of seperate.:idea:

That IS revoloutionary as it will cut breast cancer by 40%
The methods to do so are not.:confused:

So the wiimote is revolutionary, as it has brought together technology which was already out there.:p

You seem to prefer a pad?
Then why buy a Wii ???:eek:ut:

No disrespect, but you seem to not like, the one thing that makes the Wii, well the Wii.

p.s. I hear Sonic and Mario are teaming up for an olympics game so you'll be able to answer your own question on the sports issue, and as for swimming being more popular than golf?, thats why there has been no swimming titles since the "breathe" "swim" on hyper sports.

Last edited:
Back