Wiimote Recharger Breaks Wii Remotes

laderer5

Wii > Xbox360 +PS3
Feb 20, 2007
Buffalo NY
Wii Online Code
6636-1630-0874-1365
Rumor: Wii Recharger Breaks Wii Remotes
According to numerous anecdotal reports, the Psyclone Wii Recharge Station and many others can actually damage your Wii Remote if you leave it in the charger for too long.

It seems that the station doesn't stop charging even when your batteries are full, which can lead to serious overheating issues. From the Recharge Station's order page:

WARNING - Rechargeable batteries left unattended in the recharge unit for an extended period of time may cause the batteries and/or unit to overheat. If the Wii (TM) remote doesn't charge properly or begins to heat up, please stop the charge process and contact our customer service line to prevent further damage. If you feel that your batteries are heating up, please do not use those batteries any more. We are happy to help you and replace your product.

Amazon's customer reviews of the Station are almost universally negative, with most of the comments saying that the Station "killed" the user's Wii Remote. Hope no-one gave you one of these for Christmas.

Source:
http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/12/rumor-wii-recha.html

This is an offical statement by the companites. They do know that their products actually do break your wiimotes. Its not just a rumor anymore.

i always thought that if left on too long they just run out the battery life.

Whatever, no incident to me. I believe my I-Con one does the same thing but I was amazed that it charges them in like 15-30mins so I watch it like a hawk and then disconnect it. I'll just keep a more watchful eye now.

I have 4 wii motes already two are in their box still, my lil sis got 2 as gifts from my aunt and uncle. so if it gets screwed doesnt matter.

I am on such a roll about how I love my rechargable batteries, modded wimote jackets, and zapper. See below:

I use these batteries. It's the cheapest, least amount of space and portable (no dock means very portable).
1tba47op.jpg

They fit in the Wii Zapper AND I can charge without removing Nintendo's Silicon Remote Jacket (I cut a round hole into the jacket for the plug with an exacto knife. I don't notice the hole during gameplay).

My Wii setup is no hassle, simple, and not cluttered.

get the nyko charger. nintendo r even selling those on thir site.so u know what that means right? thats the best one 2 get. i tried putting the other charger stufg in the the search bar but nothing came up. my 2nd wiimote was on the charger for 1week after christmas(since noone came over)and no im playing with it and no overheating. when the wiimote is finished charging(on the nykochare station) theythe light to show its charging turns green.i lookd in the manual and it said dreen light means the wiimotes finished charging so that means no more energy isgoing to it.

hmm, i didnt know Nintendo sold the Nyko charger on their site.. I though Nintnedo would eventually make a 1st party Charger.

I have left mine on charge for about 2 weeks straight, never had a problem

Back