Wiimote/ sensor bar issues

Wii_would_like_to_play

Got Wii December 24th.
Dec 25, 2006
I am having a little trouble with the sensor bar responding to where I point the Wiimote.... it skips around the screen very easily, Like a PC mouse with a dirty ball, you know what I mean? Also, sometimes (mainly on the main wii menu) the wiimote cursor does not appear on screen when i am pointing it directly at the TV... I have to stand up, move the controller all around to get the cursor where i want it to go. I thought about moving the sensor bars position to below the TV rather than above, because our TV sits pretty high... that didnt work.. it just got worse, so Now i have the sensor bar on TOP of the TV but i have the system settings configured for BELOW the TV... this seems to be what has worked out the best for me.
ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCING ANYTHING LIKE THIS?????

Wii_would_like_to_play said:
I am having a little trouble with the sensor bar responding to where I point the Wiimote.... it skips around the screen very easily, Like a PC mouse with a dirty ball, you know what I mean? Also, sometimes (mainly on the main wii menu) the wiimote cursor does not appear on screen when i am pointing it directly at the TV... I have to stand up, move the controller all around to get the cursor where i want it to go. I thought about moving the sensor bars position to below the TV rather than above, because our TV sits pretty high... that didnt work.. it just got worse, so Now i have the sensor bar on TOP of the TV but i have the system settings configured for BELOW the TV... this seems to be what has worked out the best for me.
ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCING ANYTHING LIKE THIS?????

Go to wii options and then go to sensor bar, adjust the sensitivity until you only see two dots and bam...your good again.

Also be sure that there are no other sources of light near or around the television. I had a similar problem where I had a hanging lamp behind and to the right of my television and it would cause similar problems when I moved to the right of the screen. Turning off the lamp solved the problem.

Also, on the same screen that has the sensitivity option, there's an option to choose if your sensor bar is above or below your TV. Choose the one that works best for you (regardless of where the bar actually is located).

Also (another one, lol) make sure your a decent distance away from the sensor bar, because i had mine up close and it goes haywire

Back