Wiimote + Toilet=???

JeremyGTS

WiiChat Member
Dec 19, 2006
Hi I was wondering if anyone has spilt water on their wiimotes or maybe had them submerged fully in water and have them still work??

The reason i ask this is because my 2 year old son tried to flush the wiimote down and i dont want to throw it away because most electronics will dry out and work again... but im not sure in this case...

well thanks in advance.

Jeremy

oh umm hard question,

i would take the batteries out, and put it on a radiator, and not turn ot on for say a few days, then try it,

im not sure but i think you have about a 60% chance of it working still

Hmm...for starters - take the batteries out, and DO NOT try to turn it on.

Let it sit out for a couple days, or in front of a fan, replace batteries, and try it.

DOOOO NOT try to power it on, it'll fry it. (and if you already tried....it's probably toast)

JPJ526 said:
Hmm...for starters - take the batteries out, and DO NOT try to turn it on.

Let it sit out for a couple days, or in front of a fan, replace batteries, and try it.

DOOOO NOT try to power it on, it'll fry it. (and if you already tried....it's probably toast)
^what he said.....and leave the wiimote over a towel

haha thanks guys... yeah i removed the batteries and water was just pouring... ah yeah the kids were playing mario party 8 and the wiimote was on and connected when it made the plunge... ill wait a few days and let everyone know.

I don't know if it'll work, never tried flushing my wiimote down the toilet. Remind me to try it.

i cant say if a Wiimote will still work, but have seen other devices get submerged in water, juice, fishtank, etc. and still come out ok. only time will tell.

:lol:

Time to have strap adjustment class with the kids :smilewinkgrin:

I would recommend that you go to your local supermarket (or wherever) and get yourself a gallon of RO (reverse osmosis) water and dip your wiimote in it. The chlorine, salts, etc will corrode the wiring and do far more damage to the "insides" than the original bath did. Once you've rinsed the wiimote out, let it sit someplace warm (NOT hot, top rear of the refridgerator works well due to circulating warm air) for a few days. It's not a guarentee to work, but the $1 or so for the RO water is well worth the cost even if it only raises your chances of getting it to work again by 10%.

my mom once dropped her week old cell in the sink....it worked a few hours later....good luck

i dropped 2 cell phones in the toilet before. first one died instantly. second i got working within an hour. i was at work, had some tools and an air compressor. too bad you cant buy that stupid triangle screwdriver for the nintendo consoles/controlers and such

ive dropped my cell phone in the toilet, sink, pool and bath all 4 times i took a blow dryer to it for a bit, took off the face plate and let it dry out overnight and it worked in the morning (its one of those old blue nokias...theyre undestructible i sware it)

Back