Wiimote + Toilet=???

like a wet cell phone don't turn it on until its dry or else you will burn something.

Pnuts said:
i cant say if a Wiimote will still work, but have seen other devices get submerged in water, juice, fishtank, etc. and still come out ok. only time will tell.

:lol:

Time to have strap adjustment class with the kids :smilewinkgrin:
You are forgetting that there are accelermoters in the wiimote. These could easily be broken by moisture.

On the Gadget Show on Channel 4 they did tests with a mobile phone, digital camera and portable radio.

They submerged them all totally then took the batteries out and let them dry out and all the gadgets worked fine bar the speaker in the old fashioned radio.

Its the water conducting the power to the wrong parts of the gadget that cause it not to operate. From this I'd say once it's dry it'll be fine.... though the speaker may be damaged if the Wiimotes got a card funnel in it like most speakers do. However I do know that the speaker in the Wiimote looks like so can't say.

Last edited:
Malachi said:
However I do know that the speaker in the Wiimote looks like so can't say.
I have taken Wiimotes apart many times. The speaker is a 1 inch small circle with two wires going into it. It looks like it will be dmaged easily by moisture.

Well heres an update i put the batteries back in and every button seems to work i was able to turn the wii on with it but i havent tried anything else with it just assumed it worked but so far seems good.. ill have to play some games with it to tell but my wife told me the other day he dropped it in a full cup of water one day and it worked fine and i didnt even know about it...

word of advice to the younger members if you want to have nice stuff.... DONT HAVE KIDS! lol jk

Back