Wiimotes and Lightning

Jenslin

WiiChat Member
Jun 24, 2007
Wii Online Code
6891-3023-1981-2249
Well, my brothers were playing our Wii early day during a thunderstorm. Story goes that a huge thing of lightning was near our house and then the Wiimotes started not to work. It is still thunderstorming here and still won't work. I was just wondering if it is just something with the thunderstorm and the wireless Wiimotes or a problem with the Wiimote.

(On a side note, sorry for being inactive. Moved to a new house)

The lightning shut off your wiimotes and now they are corrupted/broken/useless is one possibility

lol as far as i know your not sposed to use electricals in a lightening storm anyway

vagrant said:
Perhaps an evil magical wizard placed a spell on your wiimotes.

That sounds a little more possible.

More possible than EM fields from the lightning interfering with a bluetooth signal?????

Uhhh. oh. ok. I would have thought it would be plausible that electromagnetic fields would interfere with electromagnetic signals. :S

ZiG said:
Uhhh. oh. ok. I would have thought it would be plausible that electromagnetic fields would interfere with electromagnetic signals. :S

Unless there is a constant stream of lightning hitting within like a kilometer, it wouldn't be what is causing it.

The IR Interference From The Lightning Flash Could Have Shorted Out The Sensors In The Wii Remote.

That's My Theory. :)

Maybe were about to have a "War of the Worlds" :lol:

But seriously, Did you try changing the batteries in your Wiimote? And if you did, then the lightning must of short-circuited it in some crazy way. Did the lightning affect your Nintendo Wii?

Oh yeah i remember a time when there was a lightning storm and it broke my router(Would'nt turn on after so i threw it away.) that is always on so if you are in the same situation i was your Wiimotes are BROKEN. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Just be happy that it didn't break the wii.

Last edited:
Back