Wiinewb... Need Help... Wii Jammed

6605stang

WiiChat Member
Dec 17, 2007
Hello all.

I have to say i'm not much of a forum poster, but I've registered with this site in the hope that someone out there might be able to help me fix my Wii. Please direct me to a different part of the forums if I am posting in the wrong place, but at initial glance I didn't see a Wii problems section.

So my Wii is "jammed". The disc won't eject. I can see the 2 aluminum "prongs" in front of the disc and it just won't come out.

Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this? I bought it second hand and I have not recourse for warranty or return.

I tried taking it apart, but after removing about 4-5 screws, i ran into a couple of "3-way" screws that I certainly do not have a screwdriver for and couldn't get anything to grab onto. Genius b*st*rds.

Anyways, that my debocile and I hoped someone here might have experienced and overcome the same thing.

Cheers, JR

I'm not sure about your specific problem, but I called Nintendo when my Wii quit playing any and all discs. I got a friendly, helpful guy who sent me a mailer whereby I sent them my Wii (after removing the SD card and any disc I had in it), and they sent it back and restarted my warranty date. I did have to pay for packaging, but not the shipping cost. (I'm a wuss and had UPS Store pack it.)

Granted, I had no Wii for 10 days or so, but I was delighted overall, given similar experiences I've had with computers with fried motherboards and such.

I'd call them and see what they have to say. Odds are they are used to dealing with your problem and have a plan at the ready.

6605stang said:
Hello all.

I have to say i'm not much of a forum poster, but I've registered with this site in the hope that someone out there might be able to help me fix my Wii. Please direct me to a different part of the forums if I am posting in the wrong place, but at initial glance I didn't see a Wii problems section.

So my Wii is "jammed". The disc won't eject. I can see the 2 aluminum "prongs" in front of the disc and it just won't come out.

Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this? I bought it second hand and I have not recourse for warranty or return.

I tried taking it apart, but after removing about 4-5 screws, i ran into a couple of "3-way" screws that I certainly do not have a screwdriver for and couldn't get anything to grab onto. Genius b*st*rds.

Anyways, that my debocile and I hoped someone here might have experienced and overcome the same thing.

Cheers, JR

Heres the place you can ask your question: http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-hardware/ When you open this, go tp the place where it says 'faulty wii hardware?"

I hearda this probem before. i saw a man on Youtube use tweezers to take the disc out. I recomend that you put cloth tape on the tips of the tweezers and unplug the wii befoer you try it.

Didja get the wii from ebay and/ or pay for it with paypall? if so, you may have some legal recourse to get you money back.

How old is the wii? if it under a year old, than you may still be able to get it fixed or replaced by Nintendo, if you got the original receipt from the seller.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Folks,

I'll try the padded tweezers. Though I can get in far enough to get a hold of the disc but it appears that the carousel is engaged, because I can get a hold of it and spin it, but it won't come forward. Anyways, digress and I'll follow the link.

As for where I got it, I got it from Best Buy Private Store and Auction and I can return it for my money back right now, but if you knew how little I paid for it from them, you would understand why I want to get it working (and you would hate me). I'll have to pay 4 times as much to get another one, so I want to make sure I try EVERY avenue before return.

But considering how helpful the Wii folks seem to be, maybe they would warranty it anyway or at least help me fix it. Thanks again, JR.

Back