WiiPlay Delayed

Kamikaze

Certified Public Asshole
Nov 15, 2006
Chicago, IL
Wii Online Code
1130-2954-1680-3052
Credit: 1up.com

Originally slated for a January 15 release date, Wii Play's appearance on store shelves is now been pushed back to February 12 according to the Nintendo press site. Being a compilation of mini-games, it's possible that the delay is to give WarioWare: Smooth Moves (slated for release on January 15) a chance to sell some copies before the mini-game plus controller combo that is Wii Play goes on sale.

Or maybe we're just conspiracy theorists. To tide yourself over, be sure to check out some of the videos of Wii Play, recorded by sister site GameVideos.

i dont care what you say it looks sweet and more people have said its good plus it comes with an extra controller so im getting it anyway

If you need the controller get it.

But don't get it for the game, it is awful.

Trust me.

Like I said it is ok first time round, maybe second.

It's ok in multiplayer but you will find yourself playing it less and less.

The only game that is really decent is Tanks, the bull one is ok in multiplayer.

It is not ten dollars, you still gotta pay for the controller.

I know where your coming from I understand.

But just don't get your hopes up thinking it is amazing.

i dont believe this thread...i think most people have already preordered wii play for the extra remote so i doubt delaying it will give them any more revenue

bigstrickler said:
i dont believe this thread...i think most people have already preordered wii play for the extra remote so i doubt delaying it will give them any more revenue

As the article says, which is from an accurate source (Electronic Gaming Monthly), it's more than likely being delayed to let WarioWare have some limelight in Janurary.

Wha I got this game
all my local game stroes have it in stock

I've got it and I think its quite alright, and ironically I think Tanks is one of the worst games :) but I'm easily pleased, and tbh knowing that I got it for a fiver ('cause of Wiimote) makes me like it more :D

Silent-Sniper said:
Lol Wario Ware will own Wii Play so much.

Again, that's probably why it had been delayed. If Wario Ware had been delayed it would of technically been a huge slap to the face for many Wii fans, but since it's only Wii Play that is being delayed it's not seen as being such a big issue. But a question does come to mind, will there be third party publishers (I.E. Nyko, Pelican) to come out with Wii controllers before the release of Wii Play?

Kamikaze said:
As the article says, which is from an accurate source (Electronic Gaming Monthly), it's more than likely being delayed to let WarioWare have some limelight in Janurary.
he said the source was 1up.com....and you say EGM...i am a subscriber to EGM and have read the most current issue...tell me what page please or give me a link...k thx

Back