Wii's actual popularity among consumers

Ezekiel86

Chillin in the Mill
Jun 26, 2006
Perth, Western Australia, most isolated capital in
Wii Online Code
4149-4465-6987-2962
I went up to the department store where I placed my Wii pre order a couple of weeks back to check if there were any updates with any supposed release dates or release info. While I was up there I asked them how the popularity of the Wii compared to that of the PS3 (as this store was also accepting orders for the PS3) and apparently they are both quite popular, and are both selling equally well (if the Wii is not a bit ahead). I felt better after hearing that! I was the 2nd person to put my pre order down in their book W00t :D

Has anyone checked in on their local retailers for stats on the Wii's popularity? Might be interesting, just to gauge how it stacks up to the PS3's popularity :)

That's a good idea, I may just do that the next time I'm near a store. :)

I don't hear a lot about Wii in general here in the UK, which is a bit of a let down. I know Europe is considered as, well, secondary as opposed to our American and Japanese counterparts, but I was/am expecting to see some advertising for the Wii over here, which has pretty much been zero. I'm sure Xbox were heavily advertising this time last year for the 360 but could be wrong.

Perhaps come the launch announcement this week there will be a hardcore campaign, which I guess is logical! I've just answered my own moan there haven't I!? :D

Wii is really getting popular over here in the US, nobody is taking pre-orders though due to the 360 fiasco until they get thier actual numbers, I'm just hopeing not too many people try to get pre-order before me, especially with the PS3 bombing as it is more people will change from the PS3 to Wii pre-order.

I asked my local dealer in finland about how many pre orders they'we had about a month ago and they said they had over a hundred, I'm glad I was among the first to order it :ciappa:

I go and do that these coming holidays when I pre-order it

Elise said:
That's a good idea, I may just do that the next time I'm near a store. :)

I don't hear a lot about Wii in general here in the UK, which is a bit of a let down. I know Europe is considered as, well, secondary as opposed to our American and Japanese counterparts, but I was/am expecting to see some advertising for the Wii over here, which has pretty much been zero. I'm sure Xbox were heavily advertising this time last year for the 360 but could be wrong.

Perhaps come the launch announcement this week there will be a hardcore campaign, which I guess is logical! I've just answered my own moan there haven't I!? :D
yeh, and if pple still talk about it, they still call it the revolution. :crazy:

Back