wiis been sucking

Atomheart said:
I don't think you understood. They are not great games. They are not any where near being great. They are decent at best. By hardly I mean great "in no way great"

in that case you should've said what you meant if you wanted me to understand.

As an aside, I knew as soon as I saw No More Heroes mentioned atomheart would have to come along and make his obligatory NMH sux! post. Just let it rest, dude.

Back to the main topic, if you're not happy with the Wii, sell it while you can still at least get your money back out of it. If you don't like it now but decide you want one in the future, they'll be a lot easier to find in the future. It looks like Nintendo is sending out more units but in fewer shipments. Right now there's a serious dry spell of Wiis but that dry spell is already starting to end. Get your money while you can.

Atomheart said:
So that leaves...what...3 games? Does that Because, so far, the Wii hasn't been able to match the number of great titles that the 360 has when holding time elapsed as a constant (i.e. after one year of being released the 360 had WAY more great games than the Wii did after on year

ok name some great games for the 360 that came out in the first year....besides gears of war. i wonder if you can come up wit 2

WiitnessID said:
Wii haters must not have girl friends....
Not only do they hate the Wii, they hate their wee wee. :lol:

What a useless argument about the subjectiveness of how great a game is on a console. One person can say that a game is great because they believe it is great and that opinion will not be affected by someone else's opinion of the game. Is Halo 3 the best game ever? I don't know, I preferred America's Army over Halo. So, to me, Halo was a good game and America's Army is a great game. Very subjective and others will have their own opinions.

Arguing that the Wii sucks because it brings Non-gamers to gaming, is about the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Non-gamers eventually do buy other games, when they buy the games it makes money for the game developers who are able to create more games.

If you are tired of girls beating you at games, I suggest you grow a pair or go ahead and get them lopped off, cause you won't need them anymore.

LoganSix said:
Not only do they hate the Wii, they hate their wee wee. :lol:

What a useless argument about the subjectiveness of how great a game is on a console. One person can say that a game is great because they believe it is great and that opinion will not be affected by someone else's opinion of the game. Is Halo 3 the best game ever? I don't know, I preferred America's Army over Halo. So, to me, Halo was a good game and America's Army is a great game. Very subjective and others will have their own opinions.

Arguing that the Wii sucks because it brings Non-gamers to gaming, is about the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Non-gamers eventually do buy other games, when they buy the games it makes money for the game developers who are able to create more games.

If you are tired of girls beating you at games, I suggest you grow a pair or go ahead and get them lopped off, cause you won't need them anymore.

Whinning about the new comers is some thing a brat would do. It's like a older child being pissed because you had a baby. They think that now every thing is going to go to the younger child....LOL yet if they are smart they realize that they now have a 24/7 play mate and you can either be could or a lame in it's eyes. I think most gamers that are complaining are worried about being judged... they feel safety in the internet , online gaming. They develop friend ships bases of bias ideas....LOL and NOW the Wii has messed that all up!

There are plenty of sites online that illustrate this. It's a lot like My space or some weird hip hop rap battle board....LOL. Well so far the Wii doesn't suck and almost 20 million people think so. The internet seems big but it's not. It really does not represent the voice of the gamer that well.

SensesFail said:
post edited. no hard feelings.

just want to say that i dont care for games such as mario galaxy. mario 64 wasnt anything special for me either, i never did complete it, original cartrige or VC version. Super Mario World was the last great maro game for me.

edit..again
i know im probably known as a wii-hater around here but the fact is im not. im a wii-software hater. i cant stand the fact that there are no good games for a system that couldve been something to hardcore gamers. i dont regret buying OR selling my wii. it was a nice little experience and i enjoyed the wii. i just ran out of games to play on it.

oh and i also hate the fact that it's bringing non gamers into the market. i feel it's essential to having our past-time being socially accepted but when the DUMBEST girl, you know the type ditzy.. extremely ditzy.. has a wii and thinks shes the **** for it it just gets on my nerves. lol................... you guys dont understand how strongly i feel about this lol

That came out as,

SensesFail said:
I'm not a Wii-Hater! I just hate all the games on it and sold the actual system itself.

Just saying that the system has been out for 'uno yearo'. It's not going to have a gigantic library or anything. Couple that with the fact that developers thought it'd flop and what do you get?

The bitter taste of rushed games to cash in on the success. Hopefully it will die down any time now.

AtomicB said:

That came out as,

Just saying that the system has been out for 'uno yearo'. It's not going to have a gigantic library or anything. Couple that with the fact that developers thought it'd flop and what do you get?

The bitter taste of rushed games to cash in on the success. Hopefully it will die down any time now.

Exactly, I agree with you there.
Developers have already apologized for their earlier efforts, and have since promised putting more time into their games. This was after they realized the Wii's potential and what not.

Also, games I found to be good.
Super Mario Galaxy, Legend Of Zelda Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition and Umbrella Chronicles. Also VC is great, and why complain about that? It has tons of great games from Nintendo's past, and are great going back and looking at where the games nowadays progressed from. I think its more of people not liking Nintendo, if you don't like the VC library and the good games the Wii does have.

nobody wants to hear you complain about the wii......ON A WII FORUM
why did you regiter just to say the wii sucks?
obviously all the wii fanboys are gunna attack you :mad5:

WiitnessID said:
So we are all dumb by association now? Maybe you are becoming bitter? I'd rather be happy than bitter. If you don't like it then why do you talk about it so much? I mean no one asked you for your opinion? Those same ditzy girls loved final fantasy and you will never get a sweet steam puck mech FF3 or 4 ever again! LOL So at least she is putting her self to good use and funding game development...LOL

You are not a hater man. It's hate when people care what you think. Just though I'd point that out.
no im just saying when people like this girl get into gaming for the wrong reasons it pisses me off. its just a personal opinion about one person. and that last part didnt really make much sense. the only thing i got out of it was "people dont care what you think" well im on a forum for sharing your beleifs and opinions and if you want to argue that no one cares then they shouldnt be on a forum in the first place? am i going to fast for you? if what you say is true then people certainly dont care about what you have to say either. so i would appreciate it if you kept your immature "no body asked you" comments to yourself jsut because i insulted your console and a small percentage of its fanbase. the wii fanboys are probably 50 pecent of why i dislike the console itself. but i really dont want to get into it. i would have to write a full lenght paper to get all of my feelings out about the subject and that would be rather useless and boring.

Barbz911 said:
nobody wants to hear you complain about the wii......ON A WII FORUM
why did you regiter just to say the wii sucks?
obviously all the wii fanboys are gunna attack you :mad5:
i really hope that wasnt directed at me. did you look at my join date? or my post count? or perhaps my rep? clearly i am not here to "attack the wii" i was once very fond of it, THATS why i joined. but as time passed it became a fad that went away for me and i stay here because i think its a good console and this place also offers friendly conversations about other game consoles as well. something the other "chats" dont do.

so pretty much you can take your 68 posts and zero rep and leave and nobody would notice or care

and besides, i didnt attack the wii. my O.P. was to attack ps3 haters. if you cant read you are not welcome in my thread. lol

EDIT: and im not the only one who feels this way either because ive been repped more than once in this thread (no im not counting your rep Frummage lol, im not sure that post was really worthy of being repped but i appreciate it haha)

Last edited:
SensesFail said:
no im just saying when people like this girl get into gaming for the wrong reasons it pisses me off. its just a personal opinion about one person. and that last part didnt really make much sense. the only thing i got out of it was "people dont care what you think" well im on a forum for sharing your beleifs and opinions and if you want to argue that no one cares then they shouldnt be on a forum in the first place? am i going to fast for you? if what you say is true then people certainly dont care about what you have to say either. so i would appreciate it if you kept your immature "no body asked you" comments to yourself jsut because i insulted your console and a small percentage of its fanbase. the wii fanboys are probably 50 pecent of why i dislike the console itself. but i really dont want to get into it. i would have to write a full lenght paper to get all of my feelings out about the subject and that would be rather useless and boring.

i don't get why people take it personally anyway about comments against or for their console(or whatever topic it may be depending on the forum). Unless i'm part owner of nintendo i really don't care if you say that the wii sucks, nor do i give a turd if you love it. Why does everyone care? i just never got that about people, same thing with sports and stuff if i say the red socks suck i'll have a bunch of people freaking about why they don't suck and i'll have another group agreeing and giving reasons why the yankees rule and f the red sox. Unless someone owns either team or atleast has a family member or really close friend that plays for them why do they care so much?

I just don't get people with this characteristic which seems to be most people. just different topics for each person.

kyle

SensesFail said:

i really hope that wasnt directed at me. did you look at my join date? or my post count? or perhaps my rep? clearly i am not here to "attack the wii" i was once very fond of it, THATS why i joined. but as time passed it became a fad that went away for me and i stay here because i think its a good console and this place also offers friendly conversations about other game consoles as well. something the other "chats" dont do.

so pretty much you can take your 68 posts and zero rep and leave and nobody would notice or care

and besides, i didnt attack the wii. my O.P. was to attack ps3 haters. if you cant read you are not welcome in my thread. lol

EDIT: and im not the only one who feels this way either because ive been repped more than once in this thread (no im not counting your rep Frummage lol, im not sure that post was really worthy of being repped but i appreciate it haha)

What did i miss???
SensesFail, i respect your noob flaming and not taking **** talk-ness

SensesFail said:

dude im not sayin you we all know your a known user who respects the wii lol
im talking bout the guy who started the topic

SensesFail said:

Barbz911 said:
dude im not sayin you we all know your a known user who respects the wii lol
im talking bout the guy who started the topic

Methinks someone has a guilty conscience?

Atomheart said:
What? No More Heroes and MOH:H2 are HARDLY great games. Some critic reviews for NMH have been surprisingly high, but almost all of the player reviews seem to agree with the rather low score that IGN gave. As far as MOH:H2, the only saving grace is the online mode, which absolutely pales in comparison to most FPS online games made in the last 5-10 years.

Brawl and Mario Kart aren't even out yet, and who knows if they'll EVER come out based on how they keep getting delayed (OK, they will come out...eventually).

So that leaves...what...3 games? Does that justify owning a console? Then again, there are some other decent titles, but no where NEAR all of the GREAT games available on the 360. The Wii BETTER have an equal number of quality titles by the end of its second year in comparison to what the 360 had, or the "JUST WAIT WAIT WAIT" mantra of all of the Wii fanboys better stop. Because, so far, the Wii hasn't been able to match the number of great titles that the 360 has when holding time elapsed as a constant (i.e. after one year of being released the 360 had WAY more great games than the Wii did after on year).

Are you kidding? The Wi-Fi on the Wii has been a complete joke. There are only a few Wi-Fi games, and none are that great. VC is even worse. There are a few gems, but 95% of the games on there are utter trash, while hundreds of gems just sit around not being uploaded. Why even waste time uploading crap no one is going to buy?

And now that they're only uploading 2 a week instead of 3, can't they at least release 1 great game a week? At this rate, they won't get every great game out by the end of the Wii's life cycle.

Nintendo rides on their history. It's so obvious. They "had" great ideas in the past. The only thing that keeps the company running is intelligence. They actuelly realize that people are only really interested in the original characters. Mario, Donkey Kong, Fox, Samus, Link and the series such as Mario Kart and Smash Bros. I don't play any other games. VC is a wii life saver. Basically, I came to the understand that the Wii is truely worth having for First Party games. Don't waste time on Third Party though, leave that to Microsoft.

OT: Keep the wii for Mario Kart, Smash Bros and VC especially.

You truely should get another system though (360, PS3, PC)

I believe Nintendo still has some creativity stored somewhere up there.

I enjoyed Pikmin, it was original and fun. Just hard.

I think what 3rd parties need to do is take a leap of faith and push some new IP's out there. We need new games.

And with the Wii, you need to be very stylized. It takes some good artistic design.

Back