Wii's capabilities too much for us??

ok since most of you are talking about online play with wii... or at least you should be all over wanting that now...

Why is nintendo so restrictive with their online capability if they are trying to market to non gamers... Meaning why the heck do i have to do stupid things like write down friend codes or accept mailers from wii users before i can talk to them? When we get online play will i be able to just talk n chat with anyone and add em to a buddy list at whim or am i going to have to first mutually add eachother by friend code before we can play or talk... I dunno im not very specific but i cant help but think that nintendo is going to put too much of a leash on their online community. If the online community sucks then gameplay will suffer as well... my thoughts at least

To me restrictions like mutual accepted invites and cryptic codes or "friend codes" are all saying "Wii market to kids". I dont need nintendo to be my online nanny thank you. Hope it doesnt turn out that way but im shure it will.. look at ds.

Actually, this is a very Good thing. If this is what nintendo thinks, than couldnt it be that they have MORE surprises for us in the near future, other than online gaming. Think of the possibilities that they could have been hiding all this time just to not 'overwhelm' us:hdtv compatability, dvd capability, 1080p/i, the skies the limit baby!

On a side note. Does anyone think this may have been why the PS3 got off to such a slow start, I mean with the blue ray and six axis and whatnot. If so, then GOOD MOVE NINTENDO!!

Axtlar said:
I don't get it, what the hell do you mean by hardcore gamer? I consider myself a hardcore gamer and I only play Nintendo games, what? since I play only Wii games I'm not hardcore? you are dumb, my friend if that's how you think

LOL@U

He never said you weren't hardcore. He's just saying Nintendo isn't trying just to appeal just to the hardcore, this time around they're trying to appeal to the softcore gamers as well such as ones who haven't played since the 80's or 90's.

You can certainly have a Wii and only a Wii and still be hardcore. He'd probably think the same way if you asked him instead of jumping the gun like you just did.

Whether the online play is ready or not, she does have a point if she's insinuating that people are stupid.

If you're not amazed, several times a day, at how dumb your fellow human beings are...well, you may be amazing someone else...

On a lighter note, she does have a valid point. If your Wii had come with the news channel, weather channel, and online play, how quickly would you really know the system inside and out.

Learning in stages is not a bad thing and is how you've learned pretty much everything you know. Look at in-game tutorials for a good example.

While I agree that she may be covering for an unready online capability, I'm sure having people who are familiar with the Wii will simplify troubleshooting when people have online issues.

Friend codes and such was probably made to keep spam to a minimum. Im sure somewhere there would be someone who figures out how to send mass emails to Wiis. If they arent registered you wont get it.

ZOMG! I can't wait for whatever Nintendo has in store for us! i don't think she's downplaying us gamers, it's just business strategy. Keep the consumers interested. If they released all they had, then what would keep the interest other than new games?

I hope they have some dvd stuff, or higher def, or something cool.

seeing how they thought Everybody Votes was a big deal... nintendo is gonna give us all some GAY sh*t.

Also... they wouldn't have ever been able to give us everything to be had on the wii since ( MY POINT ) they aren't even close to being finished with most of it. :rolleyes:

Back