Wii's Graphics - What's All The Fuss About?

vagrant said:
I sold my last 360 to buy another Wii.

huh why?? :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :scared: :scared: :scared:

Monsteroids said:
huh why?? :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :scared: :scared: :scared:

Because there isn't **** I want to play on 360 for months. And any of those games I can get for free for my PC anyways and just use my 360 pc controller.

Plus crysis makes anything on the 360 look like a joke.

Whenever I read about the graphical shortcomings of the Wii I think of this analogy......

Imagine you are in a bar and a gorgeous woman / man is giving you the eye. You go over and get acquainted, spend the night together. In the morning you realise that while they were gorgeous, and fun for a night, you really don't think that you can spend your whole life with them......

The next night you go to the same bar, and meet another,slightly less attractive woman / man, who is just as fun. It dawns on you that this second person is emotionally and mentally on your level, and that you want to spend your life learning new things about them......

Now I know that someone will think / say that you could just keep on going back to the bar night after night. If that is your choice, so be it. I'd rather spend the time exploring the less visual, but ultimately more interesting option.

captainff said:
Whenever I read about the graphical shortcomings of the Wii I think of this analogy......

Imagine you are in a bar and a gorgeous woman / man is giving you the eye. You go over and get acquainted, spend the night together. In the morning you realise that while they were gorgeous, and fun for a night, you really don't think that you can spend your whole life with them......

The next night you go to the same bar, and meet another,slightly less attractive woman / man, who is just as fun. It dawns on you that this second person is emotionally and mentally on your level, and that you want to spend your life learning new things about them......

Now I know that someone will think / say that you could just keep on going back to the bar night after night. If that is your choice, so be it. I'd rather spend the time exploring the less visual, but ultimately more interesting option.

Niiiiice. Well put! *applause*

captainff said:

So your saying the Wii is the ugly chick with the great personality and the 360/PS3 is the airhead supermodel?

Okay let me take the analogy a little further (too close to a true story). Your out at the bar enjoying a few drinks with your friends. You see an attractive woman at the far end of the bar. After a few more drinks you pluck up courage to go and speak to her. You enjoy several more drinks with the lady, you leave together and spend the night. The next morning, in the sober light of day you realise that she is not so attractive, in fact she's quite unattractive and is showing signs of a 5 o'clock shadow. However she's a very nice person, she makes you breakfast, thanks you for a great night, asks for your number and bids you farewell. You realise personality goes a long way but you aint going to be dating the bearded lady in this lifetime.

Well, all I say is that the developers are lazy and that. Metroid, Galaxy, Brawl, and many SEGA games will likely prove to be visually appealing.

Maybe its just me, but I think this is cool:

ghost-squad-20070605044627045.jpg

flemo123 said:
So your saying the Wii is the ugly chick with the great personality and the 360/PS3 is the airhead supermodel?

Okay let me take the analogy a little further (too close to a true story). Your out at the bar enjoying a few drinks with your friends. You see an attractive woman at the far end of the bar. After a few more drinks you pluck up courage to go and speak to her. You enjoy several more drinks with the lady, you leave together and spend the night. The next morning, in the sober light of day you realise that she is not so attractive, in fact she's quite unattractive and is showing signs of a 5 o'clock shadow. However she's a very nice person, she makes you breakfast, thanks you for a great night, asks for your number and bids you farewell. You realise personality goes a long way but you aint going to be dating the bearded lady in this lifetime.

Not what I said at all. In simple English I said that I'd prefer a game with substance, gameplay and longevity over graphical polish, if I had to choose one or the other. I never said which, if any, system would be either example - that is purely your interpretation of my analogy.

I think that if you wake up in the morning next to a bearded lady either 1) that's your thing and I'm happy for you, or 2) you need to go easier on the booze.

Wii games still look VERY good. Hell, Resident Evil 4 still looks good and it's a Gamecube game. (I hope this is Samus' new phazon suit because it looks KICK ASS!)

metroid-prime-3-corruption-20070702063407265.jpg

Well said. It's not about the system, it's about the art. Even the DS can create beautiful games like Final Fantasy III, Hotel Dusk and Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!

Plus, Mario Strikers Charged looks pretty damn awesome. It's not as detailed as you'll see on the 360 or PS3, but if it was on the PS2 or Xbox it would be very impressive.

Back