Wii's Online Use?

The_Loose_Cannon said:
what i dont get is why everyone knocks the wiis online capabilities

did everyone forget that its still a new system? remember when Playstation ONE came out and it wasnt online at first? :confused:

give it time and when it does go online, i highly doubt anyone will be disappointed

A playstation ONE would be comparable to a Nintendo 64, and even that didn't have online capabilities, your argument is void.

The Wii may be a new system, but Nintendo is still running the show.

retro_joe said:
A playstation ONE would be comparable to a Nintendo 64, and even that didn't have online capabilities, your argument is void.

The Wii may be a new system, but Nintendo is still running the show.

ok i knew someone would point that out but thats not really what i ment.

when i said that the PS one wasnt online ready, sony made NEW systems carrying the playstation name and made play stations 2 and 3 online.

thats why i compared the wii to the ps one. playstation came online with a new system and had online play. the wii has yet to do this.

The_Loose_Cannon said:
ok i knew someone would point that out but thats not really what i ment.

when i said that the PS one wasnt online ready, sony made NEW systems carrying the playstation name and made play stations 2 and 3 online.

thats why i compared the wii to the ps one. playstation came online with a new system and had online play. the wii has yet to do this.

Gamecube can go online correct? did they take a step backwards if thats the case?

retro_joe said:
Gamecube can go online correct? did they take a step backwards if thats the case?

hmm you know youre right with that. i always forget about the gamecube. i guess cause i never bought one i had the n64 and that was the last installment for me until i got a ps2. (i had a ps1 wayyyy before too)

Oceanic said:
At the moment, you can't play any games over the net, the first in Australia will be Mario Strikers Charged Football, with many others after that. There is no messenger at the moment either, you can send Emails to other Wii users though. You can check the weather and news, and also surf the web, and the Wii Shop Channel, which is the best part about haveing it online. Downloading Nintendo titles from days gone. It brings back so many memorys.

:yesnod:

That's About The best Reply You Can Get!

The_Loose_Cannon said:
hmm you know youre right with that. i always forget about the gamecube. i guess cause i never bought one i had the n64 and that was the last installment for me until i got a ps2. (i had a ps1 wayyyy before too)
PSOne - N64
PS2 - Gamecube
PS3 - Wii

Its the way the cookie crumbles :aureola:

The_Loose_Cannon said:
did everyone forget that its still a new system? remember when Playstation ONE came out and it wasnt online at first? :confused:

ROFLMAO! hahaha :lol:

The_Loose_Cannon said:
So did I, I was supprised at the time when my stepfather said "let's go get a gaming console", this of course being around the time when the PS1/N64 war was going on, and I believe SEGA was still in the running, but i'm not sure what console they made at the time, when we went to the store, I decided to get the N64, during the second console war I was involved in (I never had a console before the N64), my mother's friend's son had a PS2, and every time I played it, the blue LED attracted me, so ever since I played it for the first time, I had to have one (also how the disc stayed in the console in the verticle position also interested me at the time, I thought it was magnetized at first), I practically begged for one until my mother gave in (this is when my mother was still getting me stuff, now I have to get everything on my own or it's a gift), then it broke due to a blanket of dust over the laser, and then my brother got the second PS2 for his birthday, during that time, mu cousin had the Gamecube, but at the time I thought it was a baby console and that the controller was aqward, then in the current war, the price attracted me to the Wii, now i spend more time on it than I do my brother's PS2

Anyway, I think it's a good thing you left it out, because it was supposed to only be a LAN multiplayer, but I believe somebody was able to hack it to play on the internet

Back